Roadside Strangers

Chapter 5

Kales lips suddenly broke from yours. They stopped moving. His eyes widened then Shut softly as his hands fell from your face. A thud sounded the floor as he fell unconscious.

Your eyes met Harry's. His perfect eyes were dancing in shock.

"n-Nicole. Are you ok?" his hands trembled as he pulled back his curls.

You lip stung slightly from the force of kale's lips and you were shaking all over.

"I think so." you turned and finally opened the door. The safe side.

Harry followed you as he stepped over kales motionless body.

"harry what if you..I mean what if he's..." you began to cry softly, worried you'd turned Harry into a wanted fugitive.

You were suddenly back in his arms. They were wrapped around you one hand pressing your head to his chest, gently stroking your hair.

"it's ok love. Well be ok. Just don't cry." his voice was low and comforting. You hugged him tight as the tears stained his dark shirt. You turned to look at kale. His face growing pale. Not a movement or stir.

"Harry shouldn't you check his pulse?"

Harry nodded as he broke away. He knelt down beside kale and lifted his finger to his neck.

A moment passed. Harry removed his finger and buried his face in his hands. He sighed as he stood.

"get your stuff. We're leaving." he rushed down the hall to a closet. He returned with a duffle bag. He ran in and out of rooms each time he came out into the hall, the bag had something in it. Another bike helmet was in his hand.

"Harry what's going on?" panic filling you with every wasting second of freedom passing by.

"he might be dead I'm not sure. We have to get out of here before we get accused of whatever they'll charge us with." he made his way to the closet tossing you a dry coat and slipping into his leather jacket and boots.

"but we have evidence I have a mark on my chest and the window..."

He shook his head as he handed you the bag and made his way to the phone.

"we can't risk it." you saw him dial a number as he pointed to the coat and shoes.

You obeyed and got dressed as Harry informed the police about kales condition not letting them know what had happened.

"I came home and found the widow smashed and him lying in the bathroom." he lied. He gave them the address and hung up. I was standing ready to go at the door the bag over my shoulder.

"are you sure about this what's going to happen where are we going? You could come to London and stay with me?" I suggested anxious to be safe.

He shook his head, "only for awhile. We can't get them in trouble too." he shut off the lights throughout the house and came to the door. He took the bag from me.

"nicole I'm so so sorry. You shouldn't have to be doing this I shouldn't have hit him so hard."

"You shouldn't be apologizing, I got you into this. And thanks." you followed him outside into the cool crisp air. He placed the duffle bag into a compartment on the back of his bike.

He swung his leg up over the bike and motioned for you to follow. "they're going to get here soon. He should be fine..."

The thought of Harry killing kale made you feel ill. "do you know how to get to London?" you asked as Harry passed you the helmet. It fit better than his.

He nodded through his helmet as he started the bike. "been there a couple times." he turned the bike around as you held on tight. Only this time you weren't sure whether or not it was because you didn't want to fall. Maybe it was because you were already falling.

He drove down the road as the police turned onto the street, unaware that the passing boy with a frightened girl on the bike were the culprits.

You felt your stomach knot as you passed the wailing sirens.

Harry moved a hand to yours clasping his stomach and reassuring squeezed them.

Hey guys please vote rate and comment my instagram is @fanficfeels xoxo