Chapter 7

"I thought you said you didn't go to school." His voice soft yet angered, while he was holding up my backpack.

"Give that to me, now." I demanded and he shook his head and started to unzip it. "Niall stop!" I got up from the table but he had already bolted away. I followed him as he slammed the door to the bathroom, me just barely missing the door. "Niall just let me explain! It's not what you think!" I feel like I'm talking to a girl, trying to convince her that I didn't cheat on her. But this, this is so much worse.

"Who the fuck is Marcel, and why the hell does he have the exact same handwriting as you?" He opened the door, expression clear with anger.

"Just let me explain." I pleaded.

"Fine." He spat at me, walking over and sitting down at the couch. I stood there awkwardly, trying to think of words to say. "Well? I'm waiting"

"Alright this is going to sound so messed up, but just hear me out." He doesn't move, I take that as an okay. "Around you, I'm Harry. But days, mainly weekdays, I'm Marcel.I know it seems fucking crazy, but it's true. I have a reason why, but I can't tell you that. As Marcel, I'm the schools biggest loser, and I'm really sorry I didn't tell you." He stayed silent. "Are you mad at me?"

"Oh yes, I'm as mad as hell at you right now. I just want to scream at you or something for not telling me. I mean come on, five minutes ago I just told you that I felt that I opened up mostly to you, when you were lying about your entire life this whole time. I really just want to punch you or something."

"Go ahead, I deserve it." He stood up, and walked over to me.

"I'm not going to punch you, you're my friend. I'm just in shock I guess." He shook his head.

"You're taking this a lot better than most people. But there is still one thing that I have to tell you." I say and he furrows his eyebrows in confusion.

"The school that you're going to, well um I go there too." His eyes widened in shock.

"Wait seriously?" I nod my head. "So you're a huge loser there?"

"Biggest of them all." I tease and he shows a small smile.

"I can't believe you never told me." His eyes move to the ground again.

"I know, I was hoping to keep it a secret and finding my backpack wasn't really the best way to find out." The thought ran through my head as another question rang through my head. "How did you find my backpack anyways?"

"I was looking for the bathroom and I think I went in your room by accident, and I kicked it accidentally walking in." He explained and I nodded my head.

"Do you still want to stay here?" I question him, he was hesitant, but nodded.

"Yeah, I'm sorry for exploding at you. I was just confused and-"

"It's fine. It's my fault for not telling you, we're still best mates though right?" I look at him with pleading eyes, with a hint of teasing in them. He lets out a chuckle.

"Forever and ever." He mimics a higher female voice and I can't help myself but laugh.

We ended up just hanging out and watching one of those older horror movies that you just make fun of the whole time. When the movie ended the room grew silent and I could tell something was up.

"You never really were planning on telling me, we're you?" He breaks the silence and I sighed.

"I'm going to be honest here. No, I wasn't planning on it."

"Why not?" He has these moments where he just seems lost and vulnerable. Maybe that's why he trusts me more, I've seen him like this a lot. Everyone else sees him as the perky and care-free one of the group I don't think anyone else has seen him like this.