The background of it all...

I was just 2 when they got divorced, but I was little and I didn't understand it so I just did what they told me to do. I just had a new little brother when my dad left and my mom started drinking and dating men. She got married again to a mean man who would abuse us and the dog too, he would cheat on her too, but mom was too scared to do anything about it. As long as me and Hudson were ok she would deal with it, but when me and Hudson started to get hurt she was done with the bull shit. She got divorced, but we couldn't afford to stay in the same house we lived in because it was just mom. We moved into a two bedroom apartment and had to keep our dog Roscoe with our grandparents because they wouldn't let us keep him. I made some friends while living there, but they weren't real friends because they were always mean to me and my little brother. 

"What the fuck are you wearing?" he would say all the time with a disgusted look on his face.

"He's such a wimp and a little baby, he can't do anything right." My little brother Hudson would stop coming around him after that, which I didn't blame him, but I didn't want to leave because I didn't want to seem like a loser.

"Oh my God you can't do anything!"

One day I just stopped coming around him, he didn't really like that... him and his sisters came out one day and started to bully me and Hudson at our house and chased us with sticks trying to hit us. I put Hudson in the house and I tried to get them to stop, but they wouldn't. Eventually my mom found out and wouldn't let us outside while they were there, thank god because they really scared us.

Mom got a new boyfriend who was a drunk. He was loud and rough and mean, one day he was completely shit faced and broke into the house. I called my aunt who called the cops while mom tried to get him out of the house, but he didn't like that very much so he got physical with her. That was the last straw for me, I got Hudson in his room and shut the door. I hauled ass to the front door where he was yelling at mom, I told mom to go calm down Hudson and that I would handle it. She went to check on him and I was cussing his ass out and beating the shit out of him. I pushed him out the door and slammed it and locked it, we had to put the couch in front of the door so he wouldn't get inside again. That was just the beginning of it...

Another time we had to call the cops again but he was too drunk and got inside and was tearing shit apart before we could call them at the house. We had to run down the street to the neighbor's house to call the cops and call my uncle to come get us. He got there and took us to his house, my little cousin was still asleep but my older cousin was up trying to calm Hudson down while my uncle and my mom went to the apartment to try to find him. While they were gone he showed up with a gun and tried to get into their house, my older cousin hid us behind the couch while I help Hudson rocking him to try to calm him down. The cops showed up just in time with my mom and my uncle, they got him in the back and took him somewhere. Then they got back and took us home, I rode in the back while mom and Hudson sat in the front while he was asleep in mom's lap.