The Spirits

"It's called the Omnitrix." Ben explained, as awestruck children surrounded him, pushing each other so as to see the device on Ben's wrist. "It allows me to turn into aliens."

"So.. that fire guy was an alien?" said one awestruck child.

"That's right." said Ben with a grin. "I call that one Heatblast."

Katara smiled, watching from a distance as Ben thrilled the children. Nearby, Sokka and Toff, were loading a large set of packs and supplied into a nearby boat, with Ty Lee helping.

"Hey!" said Ty Lee with her usual cheerfulness, going into an agile handstand and hand walking over to Katara before flipping onto her feet. "You're looking cheerful! Let me guess! It's the tea right? Tea always makes everyone so happy!!"

"Well.. no.. it's just, for the first time, we actually found a way to beat the Sisters." said Katara. "That's never happened before.  I've never seen fire benders do what Be- I mean Heatblast did with fire.  I think.. it's time we started moving.. we've waited long enough.. it's time to find Aang and take back our world. And with Ben.. we might just be able to do that.."

"I think he's fun!" said Ty Lee. "I'd like to see more of what he can do! Mind if I come with?"

"Why not?" said Katara.

"Where's Suki though?" said Ty Lee.

"Oh, she's gone on ahead to Kyoshi Island.." said Katara.

Ben had already been with the Southern Water Tribe for a total of 1 week.. and Katara had witnessed a rejuvenation in Ben's memory. He still had plenty he couldn't recall.. his family, his friends.. however.. he had recalled his powers immensely..  Just the other day, Ben had turned into a large insect-like alien and had taken several kids for a joy ride over the ocean, (which despite being fun to ride, stank worse than a Firefly Skunk. )

Katara could only be sure of this now.. that Ben had some great power.. and he must be here for some reason, even if he couldn't see it himself. And that he was right.. everyone had spent too long hiding in fear.. it was time to go.

"Hey Katara!" Ben spoke, shaking Katara out of her thoughts. "What's the boat for?"

"That's what we're using to get to Kyoshi Island." said Katara. "Remember? We're leaving today."

Ben laughed. "What? Didn't I say I could take care of transportation?"

"Ben, no offense, But I doubt Stinkfly can carry all of us." said Katara.

"Not talking about Stinkfly." said Ben. "I'm talking about good ol' Rust Bucket."

"Rust Bucket?" said Sokka, raising an eyebrow. "That thing? You kidding, No way that machine has any sort of floatation!"

"It doesn't need to float." said Ben. "Just get all the supplies in here and I'll show you!"

Katara and Sokka looked at each other doubtfully while Ty Lee giggled and ran over to help Ben move bags through the open door of the Rust Bucket.

Once everyone was seated in the Rust Bucket, Ben situated himself in the driver's seat. "Okay. So, back in my time, cars and stuff ran on gasoline. But, Ol Rust Bucket got an upgrade last time before.. uh.. whatever happened to me to make me frozen and all that. It runs on a special crystal in the tank. Should be enough for this baby to run for 1000 years.  And thanks to the fuel change, we were able to give it a little bit more of a capability. Check it out."

Ben shifted the gear, and pressed a button on the ceiling. "You might want to hold on to something.."

Suddenly the Rust Bucket rose into the air on a large current of air gushing from it's underside. As this happened, it's tires all flipped so that it's tire plates were facing the ground. The plates themselves extended into booster rockets, propelling Rust Bucket further into the air, hatches on the back of the Rust Bucket opened up to reveal more rockets. Flap-like structures extended out from the top of the Rust Bucket.