rozdział drugi

"Whoa! Watch your step, sweetheart."

Ana wished she was dead at the moment in time. The man she fell on was the one, the only, Axl Rose.

An international rockstar and she fell on him.

Oh my god. This is why I shouldn't have shown up.

"I'm so sorry." She cringed at her own voice. He raised his eyebrows at her, the tiniest beginnings of a smirk on his lips. "You're fine. Pick up your feet next time." His remark made her want to run as fast as possible out of the building and never come back. She forced a laugh. "I can't promise you that." With that, she hurried away, drowning in embarrassment.

- - -

Axl watched her go. Rather than anger, he felt amusement. She was so flustered and nervous. A quick change from the confidence she showed on the runway.

He observed her longer than he really wanted to. She was beautiful, more beautiful than any model he saw at the show. She had an element to her that he hadn't seen in any other model here. He snorted at how corny it sounded, but felt the truth in his chest. At least she didn't spill any of the champagne.

He glanced at the girl he came with. Her name was Rosie, or Rosa, or something along those lines. He wasn't quite sure why he came in the first place. He never showed at events like this. It wasn't him. Truthfully, things like this irritated him. He liked the space he had, what others would call solitary confinement. Antisocial, no. Over-socialized, yes.

Fame was lovely, sure, but he didn't have any privacy, or break in terms of relationships that's for sure. Romance felt dried out and old, exhausting even. His consolation was he had access to all the attractive women, but the consequence was that they only cared about being able to say they were dating Axl Rose.

He kept watching the girl until he felt somebody brush against him. He turned to his left and saw his momentary girlfriend. "Babe." Ugh. "Yes?" The pique bled through the fake tolerance in his voice and she gave him a dirty look. Sighing quietly, he turned away again. Useless. I should've gone to that show with Duff and Slash.

His 'girlfriend' nudged him and he rolled his eyes. "What?" He didn't try to hide the impending anger. "Why do you keep looking at her?" She pointed at her and he looked the way her fake fingernail gestured. Truth be told, honey, she's hotter than you.

He shrugged and waited for anything else she had to waste her oxygen to say. She groaned in a girly kind of way. "I'm going to the bathroom." She fled quickly. "To powder your nose?" His snarky comment made her glare intensify.

He had no desire to sit and wait but there was nothing better to do. He sat down and scanned the room, looking for nothing in particular.

As his eyes skimmed the faces of the diverse assortment of celebrities, they got caught on the model from before like fabric on barbed wire. She looked just as bored as he did listening to a man who showed an interest in her that was not mutual.

God, what's her name again? I've heard of her before.

She seemed to have forgotten about the ordeal, or at least not as worked up about it. Axl swallowed a loud groan when his 'date' returned. She grabbed his forearm and dragged him all the way across the room to another girl who looked equally as annoying as her and they started clucking about something he didn't care about.

The model was looking around the room as well and the two made eye contact. She wasn't very far away now. Axl chuckled to himself and the girl broke eye contact.

She's avoiding me now.