Chapter 3

Marker; 858 reads and 76 votes! Yay!

AN; So I'm hoping you are liking this book so far! I know I enjoy writing it! Anyways, let me know what you think, so don't forget to vote or comment! And I would like to dedicate this to CutieBlueAngel for making this amazing book cover for my book and this amazing poster you see above! Go visit her cover shop! Thanks for reading! -Sam

A look of relief crossed Delphine's face when our eyes locked. Her black hair was pulled up in an updo, and she wore a short purple dress, and her strand of multi-colored pearls rested at her throat. She rushed past Mr.Walter and up the steps towards me. Her high heels clicked loudly on the hardwood steps and echoed sharply off the walls. She threw her arms around me and buried her head in my hair.

"I was so worried!" she whispered into my ear.

I glanced down at Mr. Walters. He was staring up at us with those dreadful blue eyes, and some of the other guests were starting to turn their heads towards us too.

I pushed away from her, and she looked at me in confusion, probably from my sudden break in our contact, "Upstairs," I said and turned and began to ascend. I heard the click of her heels behind me, which let me know she was following me.

I brought her up to my tower, and once we were completely alone, I turned towards her.

"Are you crazy!" I yelled, and threw my arms up skywards, "Why are you here, you aren't allowed to come! That's part of the rules!"

Delphine stared at me long and hard, "I would be mad not to come here," she said softly, "I was worried, I thought someone had hurt you or worse! How did you get away from that boy!?"

"He was distracted by another human, and I slipped past him."

She walked up to me and grabbed both of my hands. "Did you get a good look at him?" she asked, "Did the human get a good look at me or you?"

I pulled my hands away from her "No, and I don't know," I lied, "Did you see his face?" I asked her.

"No, I was too busy escaping," she told me, "I'm sorry I should've stayed behind, dragged him under, and drowned him out at sea. I just panicked. I had never been seen in true form so close to land, in broad daylight before."

"I wouldn't have wanted you to drown him; no questions asked," I said softly

"I know, that's the problem," she said and pressed her fingers in the bridge of her nose and closed her eyes. She opened them, removed her hand, and looked down at me, "And it's reason you're here," she said and reached up and grabbed absently at the strand of pearls.

I stepped away from her, and crossed the room and went to stand beside the round stain glass window "You shouldn't be on land, he likely got a good look at you, but you didn't see him. He has an idea about what you look like and he could de dangerous."