Chapter 6

Nalangu Ceremony...

Two days passed like a roller coaster ride.Today is a big day for anirudh and anika.It's one of their biggest day in their life.

All the aunties and uncles were busy doing their final preparations for the engagement and nalangu ceremony.

The nalangu ceremony is actually said to happen a day before marriage date.Clearly said to be as 5 days before of it.Even though their marriage date is fixed on July 15th due to anirudh's busy schedule the nalangu ceremony is held today.

So,Anika's and Anirudh's family members came with an interesting decision.Which is to start the nalangu ceremony in the morning and at evening engagement.

Anirudh and his family reached Anika's house earlier this morning.Anirudh's friends also reached Anika's house to attend the event.

Anika's house was fully crowded around with kids,teenage girls and boys and old grannies.Everyone was groaning and shouting.

Anirudh's relatives everyone came.Dhanush and aishwariya came along with their two sons.Soundarya and Ashwin came along with Mrs.Latha Rajinikanth.The worlds most honourable actor Mr.Rajinikanth couldn't make up to the event as he got stuck with his sudden shoot in Malaysia.Hrishikesh and Achuyuta came along with their parents Mr.Krishnamoorthy and Mrs.Saraswathi (Anirudh's aunty.)

Anika was sitting on her couch looking outside the window watching the leaves flying and birds singing which was beautiful.

A small droplet dropped down her cheeks. As she didn't get any way of chance to stop this marraige.She quickly brushed it off as soon as she heard her bedroom open.

Excitingly Vithiya,Anu,Diya and Gina walked in.Her friend Sanaa couldn't make up to come as she got busy with her final semester in France.

"Niku,All set to be Mrs.Anirudh?" Anu asked,lifting up her eyebrows.

Anika just gave her a small smile.She wasn't at all ready for this marraige.She is just showing her happiness outside.But deep inside her heart the void of pretending to live happily with anirudh was killing her.Just for her parents sake.

Anika was brought away from her thoughts when she was dragged towards to the closet and was being pushed inside with a dress and was told to change.

Anika immediately changed it and came outside of the closet.

Vithiya just kept her hands on her mouth and Gina face palmed herself.Diya was busy selecting a jewelry for anika.

"Why on earth mom selected this dress for you!? No wonder now I why she didn't take me." Anu said,banging her hand on her forehead.

"Anu,what's the problem with this black salwar kameez? It looks prefect on anika tho." Vithiya said,giving a questioning look.

Anika just stood like a statute.When Anu and vithiya was arguing.

"Its her nalangu ceremony vit.Honestly to say at the end of the ceremony will be playing with sandalwood.If she wore a white salwar kameez it would be hard for her to remove the sandal strains.But this black dress wont show the strains much." Anu said,with a dull tone.

"So evil!! You just want her dress to be strained." Gina pouted and Anu giggled.

Just then Vaishnavi walked in along with aishwariya.Everyone went silent for a while.

Vaishnavi smiled at Anika warmly.

"You look great in this simple black salwar kameez." Vaishnavi said,smilingly.

"Thank you,sister." Anika mouthed.

"Anu I got another pair of dress which looks brightened clourfull.But I prefered this one as anirudh's mom got this for me.Not my mom." Anika said,with a grin on her face.