Just Another Day

~:HOSPITAL:~

Uh, I opened my eyes, to a huge bright yellow, light. I had to close my eyes again, when a sudden surge of pain invaded my head. Ouch! I screamed, "She's responding!" I heard a voice cry out. I heard loud footsteps running towards me, until I saw a face, it was a man, he was tall, well-built, and very official. He spoke to me saying nothing for a few minutes, he just stared, that reminded me of another time, but I couldn't remember, He finally said something, "Are you alright" Thats it? I was expecting a really long lecture, but I guess not.

"Yeah, I think so." I responded, "Good." he said, then another person came in, in a lab coat, a nice-looking lady with short, blond hair. By this time I figured out that I was in a hospital of some sort, but it was different from the last one, bigger, maybe a little darker. She asked the man to come out for a minute, and I could hear them talking about something. But then suddenly, another person came in, it was Speedy! But, he looked different, really different, his hair was jelled back, and had sunglasses, and a blue t-shirt with camo-jeans. This guy has no fashion sense. Why would he look different here? was he trying to have a 'cleaver disguise' I had saw him right through it! I dissided to play along. "Hey there." he said casually, "Hi." I answered back. he took off his glasses, and smiled at me. Yup, this was Speedy.

"How have you been doing since your accident?" he said. Whoa, accident? what did I do, how did I get here? now I REALLY REALLY wanted to know. so I also casually answered back with my good side "What accident?" He looked surprised. "Um, the accident where you fell off the car, and were shot in the head." his answer made me cringe. I was shot in the head, I WAS SHOT IN THE FREAKING HEAD, Wait, a little is coming back to me now, I remember falling off the car and Speedy was driving, because I was shot in the head, and everything is a bit blurry after that. But me and Speedy were the only people in the car. So he just blew his cover. Ouch, that must burn a bit in the dignity. "I remember a little bit." I said. "good." he responded with a relieved look on his face. "What happened after I fell, Speedy?" "Um, well you~~ Wait, how did you know it was me?!"

"First off, I saw you right through your disguise right as you came in, and second, you were the ONLY person with me in that car, which sounds really awkward when you think about it." "Wow." He said with a really surprised face. "You got all that from the fifteen~words I said?" "Yup, I said with a smile." "Thats pretty good for a rookie." he said with a slight grin. "Okay (Totally changing the subject) Why am I here? Was my injury that serious?" "Well, yeah it kinda was. First I fought off the rest of those goons, and then I went to see what was wrong, and uh, well~" "What?!" I eagerly yelled "You weren't breathing, Piper, They shot you in the head, and it wasn't just a graze, I PULLED the bullet out of your skull, and then an ambulance showed up and I disappeared." "How long have I been here Speedy?" I said, devastated by the other news.

"Are you sure you really want to know? I mean, I don't think you can actually take anymore hurt, mentally, or physically." "Yes, I said in a cracked voice, I was starting to tear~up, I mean, a girl fell off a car and was shot in the head, while she didn't even know if she would survive or not, or where her brothers and sister were, and if one of them survived or not, and then she was put in a hospital for surgery and now is crying for herself, yes, I couldn't take more, but yes, I needed too. Before he tolled me, he asked me one more time,

"Do you want to hear this now." "Yes." I regretfully said. "You've been here for surgery about a week, then a week for recovery. he said. two weeks?! My brothers and sister could be dead! they could be hurt! and its all because of a petty robbery of someone stealing someones' wallet, was it worth it? You lost your family, your place to live, your money, your everything. If I knew the price would be that high, for a thing so small, do you know what I would say? I would say, without question, thought, or even a word. No, its not worth it.