Chapter 13

(Hannamarie)

My mom never seemed the type to do such a thing. She was always by my side and stayed there to the very end. I loved my mom. There was nothing I could do to stop me loving my mom to the very end, Even though I extremely disliked all of her actions since this war started. But enough pondering on the past. I got up and showed the note to Dad, hoping that he had an explanation. He seemed just as shocked as I was, though. He had no idea that note was even put down there by Mom. We couldn't really ponder over the note forever, so we started to work putting dinner together. Dad lit the makeshift stove and I got the steak from the food drawer and a pan from the drawer beside. Dad put it on the stove and let me just say, that was the best steak I have ever eaten for dinner. It will probably last till next morning in my gut, just enough, but not enough to spoil my breakfast. After dinner I lay on my bed and started to cry. Cry about Mom, cry about the war, cry about the seizures. My dad tried to sooth me, but there was nothing he could really do. Eventually I just cried myself to sleep. My dreams were awful, though. I dreamed of my first seizure. being suddenly shrouded into the abyss for the first time.  Not knowing what to do about it. Discovering that I had epilepsy. Being shocked and ready to cry. I couldn't go through all of that dream, I awoke.