Chapter 1: Waking up Laughing

You had, for once, fallen asleep rather early the night prior. It is now 9:00 am and you're still sleeping soundly.

But not for long.

As you sleep, an entity had silently snuck into your room. It hid in the darkest corner, watching you with a malicious grin. It waited silently, its long claws and sharp teeth bared. It crept towards your bedside painfully slow, carefully. But, as you are a light sleeper, you awoke to the quiet sound of breathing. You roll your eyes.

"LJ, I know it's you."

You hear a groan of disappointment, and from the corner emerges one of your closest friends, Laughing Jack. You giggle, and reach over to your bedside table, turning on your lamp. You squint your eyes, adjusting to the bright light as LJ speaks.

"How close was I?"

"Well, you got through the door this time, which is improvement..." You both laugh, but try to stay as quiet as possible. Everyone else was most likely still asleep. And, well, let's just say...the person in the room next door REALLY likes his "beauty sleep".

LJ sits at the foot of your bed, and you sit up to face him. His smile grows.

"Oh! Haha! I almost forgot! Guess what I have..." He exclaims in an excited whisper, reaching into his pocket. Your eyes light up, already having an idea.

"You didn't..."

He smirks, and reveals your favorite candy, of which BEN has a huge supply of that he refuses to share. You take it, eyes wide and a big smile on your face.

"You stole this from BEN, didn't you?"

LJ nods, giggling. Your smile grows, and you giggle as well. "Have I ever told you you're the best?"

"Well, a few times, but I feel like this is a special occasion."

You two couldn't help it, you laugh loudly. Your laughs echo through your room. You're about to take a bite if your candy, when you hear the sound of loud, angry footsteps heading towards your door, soon to be followed by loud banging that rattled the door hinges. You and LJ look at each other.

"Uh oh..."