Chapter 2: Close Call

You two gulp, staring at the door. It shakes again as another round of loud knocks echo through the room, along with a muffled, but furious, voice.

"I know you're there, dipshits!"

You gulp, and slowly get up. You reach for the door handle slowly, LJ right behind you. You turn and open the door. The door swings open to reveal what you were dreading to see...

An angry Jeff The Killer.

He breathed heavy, his eyes narrowed with a look of pure rage on his face. The veins on his forehead bulged, almost as if they would pop out any second. You couldn't help but shake a little as he glares at you.

"(Y/n)...the fuck is with all the goddamn NOISE!"

You wince as his voice echoes through the room. LJ places a hand on your shoulder, and steps in front of you to face Jeff.

"Jeff...it was just some laughter! Haha! Besides, it's nine o'clock, you should probably be awa-"

In what seemed like two seconds, Jeff took out his knife and slammed LJ against the wall with a force that seemed to make your room shake. He held the knife to Jack's throat, and stood on his toes to get in his face.

"What were you gunna say, giggles?"

LJ quickly shakes his head.

"N-Nothing!"

Jeff chuckles, and you slightly narrow your eyes. You step forward slightly.

"J-Jeff...let him go...it was just some, uh...good natured fun!"

Jeff turns to look at you, still holding LJ to the wall.

"Some good natured fun, huh? Well..."

He slightly lets go of LJ, just to slam him back into the wall.

"Shit fuck out of luck, shoulda chose a better time!"

He pushes the knife closer to LJ's throat. LJ, though he knew he could overpower Jeff if he really tried, decided to stay still and quiet, since he didn't want to actually hurt Jeff. You were about to yell, when a voice comes from the doorway.

"What is going on here?"

You all turn to see Masky standing in the doorway, his arms crossed. Jeff quickly lets go of LJ, and puts on his usual smile to match his carved one.

"Masky! Buddy! What brings you here!?"

Masky rolls his eyes behind his mask, his arms still crossed.

"I was about to ask you the same question...Why were you attacking Laughing Jack?"

Jeff's eyebrows shoot up, he scratches behind his neck.

"Oh, uh...I uh, well..."

"He was threatening us because we accidentally woke him up..." You step in, giving a small glare at Jeff. Jeff growled under his breath, before looking over at Masky with a nervous smile.

"Hey, uh...you won't tell Slenderman about this, right?"

Masky looks at you and LJ for an answer. You two look at each other, then shrug in response. Masky sighs.

"I'll let it slide...this time..."

He then approaches Jeff, his voice stern.

"But don't let this happen again, Jefferey...you know how Slenderman is about attacking fellow teammates..."

Jeff nods quickly.

"Uh huh! Yep! You got it!"

Masky nods, and backs up a bit.

"We should probably head downstairs for breakfast now, anyway..."

You and LJ nod and agreement, and quickly leave the room. Racing down the stairs as far from Jeff as possible, you two then crash on the couch, catching your breath. You then look at each other, and, unable to hold it in, burst out laughing. You hold your stomachs, leaning back a bit. LJ takes a deep breath.

"Phew, that was close, huh?"

You nod in agreement, sighing.

"At least everything should be fine now..."

He nods, then lays back on the couch, his hands behind his head. You giggle, then decide to leave him be, walking into the kitchen. You spot EJ getting a kidney from the fridge.

"Hey EJ!"

"Hey (y/n)..." He greets, turning his head in your direction and waving. You grab an orange from the fruit bowl and peel it, taking the slices out and eating them. He sits next to you at the table, starting to eat his kidney. Though some of the others were bothered by his eating habits, you had just grown used to them. After a bit of silence, EJ slightly turns to you.

"What was all that yelling upstairs?"

You sigh

"Just Jeff throwing his usual bitchfit...he almost cut LJ's head off..."

EJ chuckles, shaking his head.

"He needs to learn to calm down."

"Exactly!" You agree, finishing your orange. You throw out the peel, and say your goodbyes to EJ. You walk back into the living room to see LJ had fallen asleep on the couch. You roll your eyes, giggling. You crouch behind the couch. You tap his shoulder, before ducking back behind the couch. His eyes open, and he grunts quietly, sitting up a bit and looking around. You then jump up from behind the couch.

"HI LJ!"

He yelps, and falls off the couch. You burst out laughing, falling to the ground. He groans.

"Come on!"

You continue to laugh, but soon compose yourself. You sit on the couch, and help him back up. He sits beside you, pouting playfully.

"One day I'll get you back!"

You roll your eyes.

"Sure, LJ, sure."