Chapter 4: Pop Goes The Weasle

Round and round the mulberry bush, the monkey chased the weasle.

LJ sprang up from where he was sitting on the couch. Your voice rang through his head, singing the song he told you to only use for serious emergencies. This is a tactic he would sometimes use to find Isaac back when he was a child and was either being bullied or just needed him. But, after the years of the box...

Using this ability hurts.

He wouldn't dare tell you this, though, because then you wouldn't call out when you needed help.

He Squeezes his eyes shut, wincing as he tried to find where the sound was coming from.

The monkey thought 'twas all in fun'...

He winces more, and growls to himself, his head starting to hurt more. It was coming from deep in the woods. He couldn't get an exact location, but it was close enough.

"Now what the hell did you get yourself into?" He mumbles, before teleporting in a puff of black smoke.

Your POV

You were getting tired as you basically held the Rake above you, his long claws leaving gashes on your cheeks and neck. Though you were tired, he didn't seem fatigued in the slightest, squirming, clawing, and biting at you relentlessly. You kept mumbling the song, but you started to lose hope.

'Dammit, LJ, where are you?' The Rake seemed to smirk a bit, and you raise an eyebrow. He can't...read minds, can he?

"Clown not coming." He growled at you. You roll your eyes.

"Rake need better english." You mockingly reply, causing him to growl, and bite and claw at you more. You then hear a different sound beside his growling. You try to listen closer, it sounded like...

Giggling.

You smirk.

"Round and round the mulberry bush, the monkey chased the weasle!" You start again, Rake claws at your mouth.

"Shut up!" He growls. Your smirk stays.

"The monkey thought 'twas all in fun'!" A black smoke rolls in and seems to surround you and the Rake. The Rake stops attacking you for a moment, looking around. He stayed above you, like an animal stalked over it's prey, which it basically was. He sniffed the air, trying to find the source of the smoke. Suddenly, a familiar laughter filled the air. You look to the source of the laughing, as does the Rake, to see two glowing black and white eyes.

"Pop goes the Weasle, ahahahaha!!"

The Rake is suddenly pulled into the smoke, he whines loudly. All you hear is the whining and whimpering of the Rake, and the booming, raspy laughter of Laughing Jack. Soon, the whimpers stop. You get up and dust yourself off. LJ emerges from the smoke, his hands out to either side.

"Well? What did I say? The song works, right?" He says, smiling proudly. You giggle.

"It worked, but you took forever." His hands drop to his side, and he rolls his eyes.

"Oh, come on! You know how hard it is to lock onto a location out in the middle of the woods? Too many trees." You laugh, and he chuckles. He then tilts his head.

"So, why are you out here anyway? You know how dangerous it can be. And Slenderman wouldn't be too happy knowing you were this far from the mansion..." He crosses his arms, his eyebrow raised questioningly. You sigh, and run a hand through your hair.

"Just wanted some fresh air, I dunno." You shrug your shoulders. He sighs, nodding. You wipe your cheek, then look at your sleeve. It was covered in blood from all the cuts on your cheek.

"Woah..." You tilt your head, you didn't really feel that much pain. LJ giggles.

"That doesn't hurt? Who are you, Toby?" You laugh, and shake your head. You two start walking back to the mansion. You try not to think about it, but one thought keeps crossing your mind.

Slenderman isn't gunna be happy.