Chapter 3: Twas all in Fun

You lay on your back on the couch with a small bag of candy LJ had left for you. You unwrapped a piece, throwing it in the air and catching it in your mouth. LJ came down the stairs, and noticed you on the couch. He stood there for a moment, before sighing.

"Might as well give it a try..." He thought.

He approached you sheepishly, so you know what he was about to ask. You sit up and look over at him.

"LJ, no"

"But y/n, you have to become more used to blood and gore! If you just came with me, to see how it's done, you could-"

"LJ!" He winces at your loud tone. You sigh, you hated yelling at him.

"LJ, I'm sorry, I just... I'm not ready for that, not yet... Killing I'm fine with, but the way you do it..."

You shudder a bit, and he looks down at the ground, like a child getting scolded by a parent.

"I understand, I'm sorry..."

You stand, and walk over to him. You hug him.

"Its ok, LJ... One day I'll be able to do it..."

He nods, slightly smiling. He then looks at the clock.

"I should head out, so its still night in the human realm when I get there."

You nod, and let go of him. You two say your goodbyes,  and he leaves.

~ Later ~

When LJ got home, he was told you were out. You had gone on a walk in the forest outside of the mansion, since you loved the time of evening when the sun was going down. As you walk, you look around at the different trees and how they look at this time, and they make you smile. As you walked, you felt the strange sensation of being watched. You try to shake this feeling off as just nerves, and continue.

When you were pretty deep into the woods, you heard bushes shake behind you. You whip around, and see nothing. You start backing up, looking around at the forest. You back up, but stop when you hear a low growl coming from close behind you. You turn quickly, and see a strange creature. It was human-like, but smaller than an average human. It was on its hands and knees, and super pale. It had long, thing arms and legs that were bent, and had big, black eyes and a drooling mouth filled with sharp teeth. You remember Slenderman mentioning a creature like this and struggle to remember what he called it.

"The...the Rake..." You say to yourself as your eyes widen. You were warned to stay away from this thing. You back up a bit, but it just takes a step forward. You decide running is useless, since it will no doubt just catch up to you. You take out your small dagger from your sweatshirt pocket. As though the sight of the weapon triggered it, the Rake launches itself at you. You struggle to stab it, but it was too fast. It knocks you down, and your struggling to keep it from biting you. You were too far away from the mansion to call for help, so you decide you had only one option...

LJ had told you to only use this for emergencies, but this seemed like a pretty big one...

As you struggle you manage to utter out...

"Round and round the mulberry bush, the monkey chased the weasle..."