Hook and Hearts

Joliet wants to punch him. Badly.

She glances between him and Peter.

"How do you know him?" Peter says.

"He's the one I punched."

Drake waves slightly. "So are you two..."

Joliet and Peter blush. "Umm..."

Joliet feels her stomach churn at the sight of both boys.

"How do you know Jo-- I mean Joliet?"

"She robbed my house."

Joliet shifts her weight to one foot to the other.

Peter glances at her, a smile curves in her direction. "That sounds like her."

Drake stares at her, making her heart pound against her ribcage.

"What are you even doing here?" she says.

"I ran. But my parents followed me to the bridge. I'd rather swim than go back with them."

She crosses her arms. "You are crazy and stupid."

"I know you, Joliet."

"No you don't."

"Yes I do."

"You never noticed me. I was the girl who never stood out in your perfect life. You noticed me when I as wanted for stealing and running away. You never said a word to me in school."

Peter stands awkwardly between the two.

"You were my friend, Joliet. You can deny it all you want-"

"I can say what I want to say. You never gave a care, because you had your mommy's money to make up for all the heartbreaks. You broke my best friend's heart! Every girl fell for you."

"Except you."

She nods. "I hated you. And I still do."

Peter knows her well enough to know she's not telling the entire truth.

She looks at him, her eyes pleading. "Please tell me there's a way for him to leave."

"He would have to fly," Peter says. "It's the only way outta here." He wants him out ASAP too.

Joliet knows there's a part of her that wants to run back to the Mainland with Drake. But that part of her is the size of a mustard seed.

She hates the uncontrollable thoughts she has. Beautiful and rich Drake. And Peter. Amazing how her feelings change. Drake, being his arrogant and stupid crazy self. Peter with those blue eyes and daring side, and his childish ways, he understands her, in a way no one has since her father's death.

"Let's just let him stay here," Peter says.

She glares at him. "And where will he sleep?"

Peter grins and points at his armchair.

She smirks. "That's your bed, Dawson."

Drake sighs.

Peter has an uneasy feeling over Drake and Jo. The way they both look at each other. Like there's history between them...

Why is he acting like this? He wants to punch something. The last time a girl came to Never Land, it ended to the point where she grew up. And that was Wendy's daughter.

Jo shakes in his arms.

He feels the tears wet on her face.

"Jo."