chapter 4

Finn

The campfire was gigantic, at least 10 feet tall, and as all the campgoers flooded into the clearing and found seats, Finn couldn't believe his luck. He was sitting by Puck, his co-counseler that had a Mohawk, and that is a 'hit with the ladies' as he had said, judging by the fact that same three girls that had Finn had seen earlier, were now snuggling close to the both of them.
He recognized the blond that Mr. Schue was helping with her shoelaces earlier, who had been introduced by her friends as Brittany. She was a little dumb, but Finn couldn't really judge, since he wasn't the smartest bulb in the box either, or whatever that saying is.
The second girl, Santana, was incredibly pretty, with her Latino looks, and a hot pink crop top and short shorts.
But the one that really caught his eye was Quinn, who was dressed in a simple dress, and flats, and had minimal makeup, accenting her natural beauty. She didn't want to show off, but she was definitely beautiful, as much as she tried to hide it.
All three of them had sat down on both sides of the boys, Brittany and Santana by Puck, and Quinn next to Finn.
They made awkward talk until someone caught his eye. A tiny, dark haired girl with an unusually large nose, but never less beautiful. She waved in Finn's direction,   when he realized that Quinn was waving back, he looked away.
"You know her?" Finn whispered, and Quinn gave him a look in between amusement and anger.
"Rachel? Yeah, she's my co-counseler. She's nice." Quinn responded, before tilting her head.
"Why? Do you like her?" she joked, nudging Finn lightly with her shoulder, and Finn laughed weakly.
"Nah,you're way prettier. Like, it's so crazy how beautiful you are. Rachel should be jealous." He teased, and Quinn rolled her eyes, but her cheeks filled with color. Obviously she liked to received compliments. But she probably got them everyday back home. Quinn smiled, and looked Finn in the eyes. For a second, Finn thought that she might actually kiss him, but just his luck, a loud noise startled both of them.
Sue was standing in front of everyone, yelling through a megaphone.
"Hello, sloppy babies, we're starting campfire!" she screamed, and everyone grimaced at her intensity.
"Thank you, Sue. I'll take it from here." Mr. Schue said, and Sue gave him a death look before going to the side of the clearing.
"Welcome to Camp Glee!" he shouted, and, with a collection of whoops, screams, and hollers, the entire camp responded. The sound of everyone screaming together was deafening.

Blaine

"This summer, you will learn to work together, hone your talents, and have a great time. Here, it's all about fun and games and being gleeful!" Mr. Schue said, and Blaine grinned, looking at Kurt. The other boy was in the middle of rolling his eyes, and when Blaine caught his gaze, Kurt raised a single finger.
"I do not care what you are going to say next, that phrase is so damn cliche." Kurt said, seriously, and Blaine chuckled, and after Kurt looked away, Blaine found himself staring at Kurt. His light complexion was made even paler by the flickering fire, and admiring Kurt's features. He was incredibly handsome, even though he was very much out of his element in the middle of a forest.

The rest of the night had went wonderfully. Mr. Schue had rapped some Kanye West, and Emma Pillsbury gave a speech about staying sanitary while the stay here, and to remember that she was a guidance counselor, so if anyone needed anything she would be there. Then Mr. Schue led a singalong of Imagine, and Kurt and Blaine had sung along with energy, and before Blaine knew it, it was 10 o'clock and time for bed.
Kurt and Blaine led the tiny children from their cabin back, and when one tripped on a stick, both Kurt and Blaine rushed to help. Blaine stepped aside as Kurt kissed the boy's knee to make him feel better.
Blaine envied the boy, wishing that Kurt was kissing him, instead, but he blocked the thoughts out and led the children back to the cabin.

Santana

Brittany grabbed Santana's hand as they were halfway out of the campfire clearing, and Santana didn't want to be rude, so they walked hand in hand, and honestly, Santana didn't mind. It felt nice. The little girls, fifth and fourth graders, reminded Santana of when she had moved to her school, and met Brittany in fifth grade. They had become friends instantly, through their love of cheerleading and Beyonce. Now, they were both on the cheerleading squad, and best friends. Over the years, and at least 100 sleepovers, they had shared secrets and crushes.
And to be honest, it felt great to hold Brittany's hand.
Even if it might mean more than she was assuming.