Prologue

19 YEARS AGO

Sibill Trelawney sat among the rubble of Hogwarts, staring blankly out at the horizon, the light breeze teasing her frizzy blonde locks. Everyone else was in the Great Hall mourning the dead of the battle, and preparing themselves for what was still to come. The dark lord had offered a deal - Harry Potter, the boy who lived - in exchange for their lives... at least for now. The boy had recently disappeared, so there was nothing they could do but wait. 

"Hello Sibill".

The voice made her jump in fright, and she turned quickly to find a solemn Minerva McGonagall walking towards her. The acting headmaster looked completely exhausted, and Sibill couldn't blame her. "Minerva" she replied, not even attempting to hide the tiredness from her voice, "how are they?"

"As fine as they can be after experiencing what they did."

"Any news on Potter?"

"Not yet, but there is no doubt in my mind he went to you-know-who. Typical Potter, always putting others before himself no matter what the danger." McGonagall replied sadly, taking a seat with a sigh. "Let's just hope your prophecy was true, so at least the boy has a small chance of surviving" She added, glancing expectantly at the woman beside her when she remained silent, only to find Sibill's face clouded with an oddly blank expression. McGonagall heaved in a gasp.

"Sibill, can you hear me?" She asked softly, but there was no getting though to her. Sibill was a seer, and the rapid husky breathing, milky washed eyes and distanced gaze were all signs that she was too far gone. McGonagall drew a breath, and prepared herself for what was to come. A prophecy was coming. 

"He-who-must-not-be-named has fallen, but another shall rise... Death may have destroyed him, but his blood remains pure... Beware the forgotten, for the lost are never truly lost... Faith follows the dark lord, and with it the darkness... What was once shut will be opened, and the darkness will follow but so shall its equal... Beware our savior, for they wield that which defies all reason... Nothing shall be as it seems, and that which cannot happen shall come to pass... Black is the blood of the light, dark is the sole of the hidden... Both are connected, but time erases that which was once known... the triumph of the boy who lived shall foretell the darkness and destruction, and thus shall arise...

The impossible girl"

Minerva stared at the woman beside her, face shrouded with shock and worry as she attempted to comprehend what she just heard.

"Oh dear, we are in trouble now,"