Chapter Three...sort of...

Chapter Three

The man at check out looked at us weirdly. I guess I didn’t blame him, I mean we ended up buying half the aisle since they were all probably defective at that point.

Sarah insisted she drive me home, stating that now if I was pregnant I would need to watch my body. I convinced her I needed time to think though, since our last conversation didn’t go so well.

“Elizabeth…who’s the father?”

I couldn’t stare into those jewel like eyes. She probably thought I would know who he was. That I only had sex with this one guy and he would be my forever, like her and Colin, but this past month was a blur as I thought back to every guy that could possibly be “the one.”

“I…” I hesitated. I hated how she looked at me now. I was a dirty whore, who slept around with guys as I pleased. Single, taken, married, it didn’t matter to me. I was filthy and I couldn’t bear Sarah’s reaction. If she looked at me like that…

“He’s gone.” The words slipped out before I could process what happened. “Died in a car accident.” My face was blank, my words monotone.

“Beth…” Sarah took me into her arms, and I felt even worse. How much more of a web was I going to bury myself in? How much until I had enough self loathe to want myself dead?

I sat on a park bench now, hiding my face in gray knitted scarf. I looked at all the numbers in my phone, trying to think which one was him. What would I say to the guy? Did I even want to tell him? How would I even know which one was him?

I threw up in my scarf this time, holding my breath as I dumped it into the trashcan. My face was visible to the world, a mask of disgust.

_*

I know. Total teaser right? xD Sadly this is just the beginning of chapter three =/ I just felt bad for keeping everyone in the dark for so long. I'll try to get the rest of this finished and posted soon, but for now just enjoy the little snippet =P

Fallen }{