❛ 6 ❜

"Taehyung-ah."

Jin's voice startled Yoongi and he almost dropped his chopsticks. His glare immediately shot up away from his meal and towards his hyung. As he mouthed a don't Jin looked away and back at the redhaired boy, pretending he never saw him.

"What is it?" Taehyung asked curiously, slurping from his orange juice.

"Yoongi has been having-"

"Don't say it."

"-issues while trying to find a part-time job. Can he work with you as a babysitter?"

Yoongi finally dropped his chopsticks and stood up, a bit too dramatically for his own liking.

"I don't need help, hyung." He stated blankly leaving the table.

× × ×

Yoongi closed the door of his room and sighed loudly. He wasn't really happy about his outburst either but he found himself laughing.

"What was that? Just like a family dinner." He spoke out loud but quickly moved towards his bed hoping nobody heard him.

He sat down, frustrated at his own actions. It wasn't that he didn't want to work with Taehyung, that wasn't such a big deal, it was kids that bothered him. Somehow, he always tended to avoid them because he kept getting annoyed by their presence. Whenever he checked job offers online he would always skip through babysitting.

But he remembered talking to Jin-hyung a while ago. He told him he'll ask their dongsaeng since he's been on the job for a long time now. While Jimin was helping in his father's company, Hobie was a dance instructor, Namjoon a bartender and Jin a gardener. But Yoongi and Taehyung were always working as part timers. Although recently, babysitting has become a huge part of Taehyung's life. He loved talking about how children made him happier and he tried to do the same for them. Yoongi would listen with amazement because he couldn't even imagine being responsible for anyone but himself - hell, he sometimes would forget to make his own lunch.

That's where Jin hyung comes in helpful. To be honest, Yoongi was really grateful to have him as a roommate - he was the first one to try and get him into gardening but that wasn't his thing. The others also tried but he couldn't dance, he couldn't make drinks, so that left Taehyung as his only option.

"Hyung? Open up please.."

"Speak of the devil," Yoongi murmured cracking the door open only slightly, "What do you want?"

"You can just help me with some little things, like handing me stuff and I'll give you half of the money I get-"

"It's not about the money," The door was now fully opened, "I can't stand kids."

"Oh," Taehyung pondered for an answer, "But you've put up with Jungkookie all this time and he's a baby too."

"That's different." Yoongi laughed at the thought of Tae actually calling Jungkook a baby when he was at least twice as muscular as him.

"What about me?" The rectangular smile was once again plastered across his face, "I'm a baby too."

Yoongi was taken aback by the literal explosion of cuteness from the younger so he just nodded.

"See, you understand. We'll start tomorrow. I'll come get you at eight in the morning. Be ready, hyung!"

"Ah, but I-"

"I'll text you~"

And with that the younger ran off to the living room. Yoongi had no energy to follow him so he didn't bother to do so.

This kid is gonna be the death of me. He thought, plopping on the bed and letting his body sink into the matress.

As much as he didn't want to admit it, he was pretty excited.

× × ×

| 160530 |

A/N
Word count: 600
I can't be bothered to write a proper author note so......yes, hello it is not me because I don't like this song and I don't want comments about it ^^