Chapter 2 ~ Baller

"So Lexi, did you miss me?"

             "Actually, to be honest, no."

             "Really, because I missed you. I couldn't get you out of my head."

             "Aw, really? How sweet, not."

             "Look, Lex, I'm not messing around. I really like you. I couldn't stop thinking about you. When I moved to Miami, you were all I could think about. I was a mess because I missed you so much." he said.

             Now that I think about it, he is pretty cute. How his hair is perfectly ruffled, how his eyes sparkle under the light. He's altogether pretty perfect. No, stop Lexi. What are you thinking. Shut up brain! He's cute! I know, I'm weird. I talk to myself.

             I walked away to avoid the situation getting more awkward.

           "Hey, Lexi. Want to go play some basketball?"

           "Sure, I guess. But it's me and you against Austin."

           "Ok, whatever."

           We all went outside. Me and Austin did a coin toss and I won so we get ball first.

           I'm actually really good at basketball. SHH, Austin cant know.

           I dribbled down the driveway towards the hoop. I was at the 3-point line and Austin blocked me. So I shot. Swish!

           "OOH LEXI BE BALLIN" Austin yelled.

           We finished playing and of course, me and Alex won. I have to admit, Austin is pretty good.

          "Lexi, that was amazing. I've never met a girl who was so good at basketball." Austin said.

          "Well, you know. I try." I said cockily.

          "I'm really tired, guys. I'm gonna head up to bed. G'night" Austin said.

          "Night," me and Alex said at the same time.

           Okay, Austin isn't as bad as he he used to be. So that's a plus.