chapter 2

Chapter 2

             It was my birthday. It was also the third birthday that my father had missed and also did send a card. He should know how much I looked forward to a letter or a phone call from him when he is away. It’s about eleven. I think it’s time to get up and see what my mom had made me for my special breakfast for my birthday. I get up put my hair in a ponytail and put on some shorts and a tank top. Head on downstairs to find the best birthday present ever!

             “DAD!” I start to cry as I walk over to him.

            “What you didn’t think that I was going to miss your birthday did you? He said back to me.

            “Yeah. I thought you were going to miss it like the last two years.”

            “What are you talking about? I have never missed your birthday.”

            “Yes you have. Last year and then the year before that.”

            “I don’t know what you are talking about. Two years ago, I came home but you had planned to head out with Mona to go camping on your birthday. Last year I came home but you were just badly hurt.” He answered and after that he looked at my mother with a worried look on his face. She also had a worried looked on her. I could tell that before I had come down they were talking about something very serious.

            “What? What’s wrong?” I ask hoping for once they would tell me right away.

            “We will talk about it later.” My dad answered.

            “NO! I want to know now.” I demanded.

            “We will tell you after. Me and your father still have to work things out about it and talk about it.” My mother said trying to kept clam.

            “Fine. I’m going to go for a walk to get some coffee. I’ll be back later.”

            “Don’t be to long”

            I came back home and when I walked into the house I overheard my parents talking about something and I was going to get to the bottom of it.

            “It’s not that I don’t want to, I’m just worried that Amber won’t want to. It’s very far away. She would be leaving all of her friends and never get to really talk to them or see them. She doesn’t make friends very easy you know that.” My mom said to my dad. I was starting to think that she didn’t want to move.

            I had no idea what they were talking about, I knew that if I waited they would tell me tonight, but if I had waited why waited why would I be wasting time writing this down.