Chapter 5

Holly hurled herself at the bars, whamming into a sharp point. She yelped and watched as the landscape whirled past her. After a tussle with the strange beasts, she was thrown into a metal cage, and two-legs put her on the top of their van. She hopelessly plopped down, a whine running through her. "Tyler where are you?" She whimpered.
    Suddenly the van screeched to a halt, and Holly heard the van door slam. She quickly got in a ready formation, and was ready to run for her life when the door was swung open. But minutes past and nothing happened. She later dropped her head on her paws, and gently wrapped her tail around her. "Might as well get some sleep." She thought. She was about to shut her eyes when she saw the sun fading, and decided to watch it, for it may be the last one she will ever see.
    As she watched the glow start to disappear, she saw a flicker of movement out of the corner of her eye. She slowly raised her head and got up, getting ready for a miracle. Just as she was turning her head, an orange blob trotted around the corner, then dropped to its knees and slowly stalked towards the van. The blob, (easily recognized as a cat of some sort) hurtled itself on the van like its done it a million times before. Then as he slowly trotted towards me, I fluffed my chest to looks bigger and more fierce. "Please state you business." I said very presidential. "I ain't got no time for this, fox. So slump down and let me down my thang." He said very annoyingly. I rolled my eyes. "I'm Eddie, by the way." He winked at me and started messing with my cage. "Do u just do this as a living, Eddie?" I asked. He sighed and put a metal part in his mouth. "Yes I do. Now can you stop this nonsense and just be quiet, honey bunches." I crinkled my nose. Eddie was one of those types who although was not athletic, he still had a great sense of humor. He didn't have a great sent, though.
At last the lock came free, and I gracefully leaped out of the cage like foxes do. "Thanks a lot, Eddie. But do you know where we are?" Eddie rolled his eyes. "You seriously have no idea? Well we're in Alabama, the city part." I blinked my eyes slowly and licked my lips. "I'm not sure what that is, but I do know that I lived in the Utah planes." Eddie turned towards me real slowly. "From Utah? Holly, your 10,000 miles from home."
"What!" She screeched. "Shh, keep your voice down, we never know if the humans are nearby." Holly stumbled back as she realized what she's done. She may never see Tyler again, get back to her pack, she may not even survive out here!
"Eddie, you gotta help me get back!" She barked in a screechy tone. "I'm already starting to lose my voice!"
Eddie bathed himself and licked his chops, taking his time before replying, "Calm down, sweetheart, there's a nice place where we can stay together, I can take you there." She slowly padded after him and he wrapped his tail around her back to comfort her. "I'll keep you safe."