Chapter 1

Hey everyone! I know prologue is short but I hope you enjoy first chapter!
____________________________________

I felt a tear drop onto my shoulder as I embraced my mother tightly and I tried so hard to hold back my own tears but I blinked and one slipped down my cheek.

My mother pulled away and held onto my shoulders and looked at me. Once she saw I had begun crying too she looked down.

"Do I have to go?" I asked my mother in a small voice.

"You know you have to Lara, please don't argue this anymore." My mother said with a stern yet sad pleading voice.

I nodded my head weakly and hugged her again letting my tears go freely this time.

"I love you." My mother whispered to me.

"I love you more." I whispered back.

As I heard the bus coming I pulled away and quickly wiped away my tears. My mother and I gave our last smiles saying everything we needed without actually speaking. I turned picking up my bags and walked to the bus. Once I sat down I looked at my mother out the window and watched her wave to me as the bus drove away.

______________________

I was awoken by the jolt of the bus stopping. I took out my headphones and looked out the window to see where we were. My heart skipped a beat when I realized I was at the academy.

I hurried out of the seat and down the bus aisle dodging all the peoples stares.
The academy was a large White House and it was surprisingly close to town. I stopped at the gate and looked at the lock. I took out the key my mother had given me and put it in the lock and turned it. It clicked and the gate squeaked open.

I hesitated then took a step in. It was 7:43 pm exactly.

I knocked on the door but no one answered so I again used the key and let myself in.

It was nothing like I was expecting.

I either expected people to be talking and roaming around everywhere or there to be skulls and rats running around, but it was quiet.

It was like a regular old house. I walked down the hall only seeing two doors one on each side then at the end of the hall there were two turns on my left and right and a staircase right in front of me.
The right looked to be a kitchen and laundry room and the left had a living area with two tables in the corner.

I turned to the left into the living area and set my bags down looking around. It was nicely decorated, bright and clean. It looked almost as if no one lived here. Almost. I notice a book sitting in a chair and a record still sitting in the record player.

I turned around to bump into someone. I gasp and stumbled backwards.

"Sorry to startle you dear. You must be Lara." A young blonde woman looks down at me with a smile. After a second she offers me her hand. I take it pull myself up with her help.

"Yes, I am."

____________________________________

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter!