Chapter 4

"Hey."

I look up from where I'm sitting on my bed. I see the girl that I sat by at dinner standing against my door frame.

"Hi." I say looking around nervously.

"I'm Norah."

"I'm Lara."

She smiles, her eyes sparkling, "Yeah, I know."

She steps away from the door frame into my room. She reaches her hand out to me.

"Come on, it's Friday night you can't stay cooped up in here." I grab her hand nodding my head. She leads me down the stairs.

"Hey guys, I got Lara."

I give a weak smile and look down.

"I'm Alex."

I look up. The boy with jet black hair was the one who said it. I give a small smile and nod.

Then they all finally introduce themselves.

They take turns from where they're all sitting telling me their names.

Beside Alex is Caleb. Beside Caleb is Luka. Beside Luka is Holden. Beside Holden is Jax.

I hope I can remember that.

Jax. His name was odd, his hair was odd, and his eyes were odd. He was the one I sat beside at dinner with the almost white hair. His eyes were such a bright icy blue.

I looked away from him as the girls started to tell me their names.

There was Norah, Sarah, Missy, Laura, Emma, and the twins, Veronica and Victoria.

They were all so pretty but they didn't seem anything like the pretty mean girls in movies. I was actually pretty excited to get to know them if only I could say something that didn't make me sound like I had the IQ of a piece of toast.

I sit down on one of the couches beside Norah and the twins, Veronica and Victoria. Alex leaves the card game with Sarah and Luka and joins us.

"I feel like tonight we should celebrate." Veronica says looking at me with a smirk. Jax enters this room  holding up two bottles and a smile on his face.

"Already two steps ahead of you, Ronnie." He begins to open the bottles and I realize what the contents consist of.

Everyone stops what they were doing and moves to the couch area while Jax pours everyone a drink. He hands me the cup and I can already tell it's some very ripened scotch.

Jax takes a seat beside me and we exchange the playing cards for a deck of tarot cards. There's so many of us fitting on the two couches at once that Jax and Norah are both right up against me on each side.

_____________________________

We did tarot readings for almost an hour. We were just talking and getting to know each other and time flew by. After the tarot readings though, Victoria suggested a new game...

"We should play truth or dare." Victoria wears a smirk on her face, obviously proud of her suggestion. Everyone agrees, not bothered by this change in pace, they must do this often.

We spin the bottle we emptied to choose who's turn it was. Emma spins the bottle first and it lands on Holden. Emma asks Holden truth or dare and he chooses dare, which I figured, these witches just don't seem like the truth kind of people.

Emma dares Holden to put a spell on Jax that would give him a high. Holden gives Jax a mischievous look and Jax raises his eyebrows. Holden's eyes gain a soft glow and he mumbles a latin spell. He sets his hand on Jax's knee and the glow from Holden's eyes move to Jax's.

Everyone is quiet while looking closely at Jax. He looks over at me and let's out a boyish laugh. I smile at the twinkle in his eye and his smile and he must take it as me accepting him as a friend because he leans against my chest while chuckling. I let my guard down and allow myself to have fun. I wrapped my arms around Jax's shoulders as we continue playing truth or dare.