9

Luke

I smiled as Michael walked into the English class. He sat down in the chair beside me, and grabbed onto one of my hands.

"Guess what?" He asked, so I smiled.

"What?" I asked.

"We have a sub today, and we're supposed to finish up assignments we haven't completed, so you know what that means?" Michael asked me, so I playfully rolled my eyes.

"G-G-Get to the p-point." I laughed, causing him to smile.

"You get to read to me today." Michael said, causing my face to drop a little. I always got self conscious when I had to read out loud.

"I-I can't." I whispered, and he pouted.

"Please?" He asked, and I shook my head, looking down at his hand that was holding mine.

"Please? Hearing you read makes me happy. It's so beautiful." Michael said, so I retracted my hand, facing the front of the room.

"W-We both kn-know that's a-a-a lie." I whispered.

"Luke, no it's not. I love hearing you read." He said.

I felt my eyes fill up with tears as I looked over at him. "Do you r-r-really?" I asked, and he scooted closer, wiping my tears away. "Of course I do." He whispered. "I think it's so beautiful how you are able to read with all of the obstacles. I know it's hard for you, so when I hear it, it makes me so proud of you." He said, and I smiled.

"There's that beautiful smile." He whispered, kissing my cheek.