Chapter 1

"WooHoo! That's graduation over." I smiled, happy that I came so far. I hugged my parents, "love you, so much. See you soon. Thank you so much."

My dad ruffled my hair, "Morgan would be proud of you." He was obviously referring to my dead brother.

My mom squeezed me tightly before kissing my forehead, "love you, we'll see you formally at Thanksgiving."

I smiled, "I'll definitely be around before then." My dad hit his head as he pulled out my childhood favourite candy. "For old times sake." He smiled.

So we enjoyed some candy before Alissa squeezed me from behind. I turned to her, "er we have places to be." She said trying to hide the fact that we were getting ready for a party.

My mom pushed me gently, "go, we'll go home now! Cramping your style." She laughed. I hugged her one last time as dad got in the car. "Love you, love you, love you." She breathed.

I'm pretty sure she was holding back tears. "See you soon." I let go of my mom.

She got in the car and I watched her drive off into the distance while Alissa tried to pull me to my car.

Nico, my other best friend, was talking to his friends elsewhere. I got in to my silver convertible followed by Alissa and some of our close friends: Naomi, Chloe and Madison.

We were off to my new house to get ready for a party we were later headed out to.

I got dressed into a black bandeau and snazzy shorts because I wanted to look super hot for the last important party of my life.

The girls were curling their hair but I straightened mine, going all Gigi Hadid straightness.

We finally left the house and the party was already in full action. I found my newly ex boyfriend, Jason McCartney.

"Hey." I wrapped my arms around his neck, swaying. His hands immediately went to my waist.

"Make sure to have loads of fun at Boston uni. We're breaking up for a reason," I smiled. "But I'll forever love you, you're my first love." He chuckled.

"You were my first love too." I giggled. "One last kiss for old times sake." I asked. His lips crashed against mine like he had been waiting for the permission.

"Goodbye." I smiled, giving him a hug. "Bye babe, now go and find a guy to grind on."

"But if we see each other in the future, permission to fuck." I laughed. He nodded, "you know I'd hit that again."

So we walked away, him to his friends, me to mine.

We mutually agreed to break up so that we could do our own things, didn't mean we didn't love each other. It's because we loved each other that we broke up.

Great guy, two years together but I was taking a gap year and he was going to a different university all the same.

After the party and a load of boys, I ended up at the club with my girls. Some guy grabbed me, like randomly and I was saying some crazy shit because I was half drunk out of my mind.

But then this guy latched onto my wrist tightly, he was probably trying to get me to shut up but it was really painful.

I think I started crying. Then, I was shoved into a van, it was a black van so it wasn't a classic kidnap.

But it was a hard push. And this guy was proper zooming. And there were no windows. He got out of the car and opened the back doors of the van.

In complete silence. "Your really kind and talkative." I remarked sarcastically. He grabbed my wrist once again and pulled me forcefully out of the van and into a warehouse.

My eyes adjusted to the darkness slowly. Nico was there, head down. "Er, Nico what the fuck?"

He mouthed sorry before turning his full attention to the guy that took me. "Taking orders from a dead man, shit." He mumbled.

A random guy spoke up, "what's gonna happen to her?"

"Her has a name unlike all of you, it's Monserrat." I yelled.

"We know that, your Morgan's sister." My kidnapper rolled his eyes. "Don't talk about my brother!" I shouted.

"Geez, all I said was that you're his sister." He laughed, finding my anger amusing. "Xander don't." Nico whispered.

"He was my best friend, he's as good as my brother." Xander said, his voice especially low on the subject.

"Spare me your sob story, we were blood related." I scowled.

"Can we fucking kill her already." He pointed a gun at me. Nico shook his head, "no you can't," he sent me a look of apology.

"I blame the brother." He muttered before walking out of the metal and concrete warehouse.

I caught my breath back, after being scared about having a gun pointed at me. "I just want to go home." My voice cracked as we followed Xander out of the warehouse.

"Tough luck for you princess." Xander glared, leaning on a wall.