Chapter 3

"Er, are you ok?" I asked, this guy hated me, I was seriously confused as to why he was staring.

"I'm fine, so is your ass." He licked his lips. "That would be sexy if you didn't hate me and you weren't my brother's best friend. So you claim." I muttered.

I stood up from the fridge and went to walkaway before being grabbed by the wrists.

"Your brother was probably more my brother than yours, I knew him for two years longer. So don't fucking criticise our relationship." He growled.

"Fuck off." I removed my arms from his grip. I returned to my room with a small fruit pot and a spoon.

After finishing, my fruit and an episode of OITNB, I decided to apologise to Xander. I shouldn't of insulted his friendship with my brother.

I stood up, instantly doubting my idea, and walked to his door. Worriedly, I hesitated outside of his door before gently knocking.

"What?" He asked, opening his door and going back to his bed. His room looked amazing.

It was a dark grey room with a slightly lighter, soft carpet and according furniture. I cleared my throat, taking in his scent, "I'm sorry about earlier and being rude about my brother."

I turned around on my heel, not wanting to spend longer than anticipated in his room. "Wait," he stopped me in my tracks.

"I'm sorry too, very aggressive if you can't tell." He continued.

"Goodnight." I practically whispered. 

He mumbled, "the dark of night was never good."

The next day, I jumped into the en suite shower and enjoyed the fresh, warm water. I could almost feel each individual droplet pound against my skin softly.

I towelled my very wet hair and tied it up hurriedly before going to my bag to pick an outfit.

"What to wear? What to wear?" I questioned. I took out some underwear and black ripped jeans with a white ribbed crop top.

I slipped on my sneakers before skipping downstairs for some breakfast. I prepared quick cereals for myself.

For someone who doesn't seem childish or caring enough, he had a large variety of cereal. I chose Lucky Charms before sitting at the island with a bowl of the goodness.

"Morning." Xander entered the kitchen with a towel loosely wrapped around his hips and a hand repeatedly brushing through his amazing, dark hair.

"Yeah, morning." I gulped some cereal. 1. The cereal obviously had way more importance and 2. Most people try and avoid staring at hot guys.

My eyes secretly followed him as he observed an apple before taking his first bite. His eyes shot to me and mine shot down to my bowl.

A smirk lingered on his face almost invisible. "I'm going out later." Xander stated. "Can I come?" I asked, trying my luck.

"No, you have your own life." Xander shook his head. "When will I be able to go home?" I groaned, stirring my lucky charms.

"Well I never minded." He shrugged. "But you have to be looked after." He rolled his eyes.

I hit my head against the table exaggeratedly. "Fine, let me get dressed, then we can go." He sighed.

My head shot up, "you'll love me. Trust me."

"Hating you more by the second." He called, walking up the stairs. I waited by the door for him, he didn't take too long, he looked like the male version of me.

White top, black jeans, which I'm sure came from the same place- American Apparel, and adidas sneakers similar to mine.

"You really need to look like my property if you want to come out of there." He explained.

"These guys, one of them has been in twice for rape, one owns a mansion with all those girls that walk around in thongs." He carried on.

"It's just shameful." Me and Xander said in unison. I smiled at him, "at least we're on the same page."

After some long minutes of silence in the car, I turned to him. "You're half alright." I mumbled. He laughed, "oh, half alright?"

I nodded before the car stopped, "we're here."

We were in a mansion like place and somehow, my hand slipped into his. He didn't pull away, in fact, I'm pretty sure his grip tightened when we arrived at the door.

"Sir." He bowed his head when a guy came to open the door. A guy that was dressed in a black suit that did nothing for his big stomach.

"Ah, Xander. And a lovely lady." He kissed my other hand. "Oh, Xander! You can let go off her hand." He shook his head.

Xander muttered, "no thanks." Some men sat down and me and Xander sat opposite them, me next to Xander of course.

"So Shawn Commdon reported something that struck our attention. Now, it's a first offence for this person but he's one of your boys. So you need to talk to him about this but as long as he doesn't do something else wrong within this month." A different man spoke.

"Thank you." Xander stood up, me standing up straight after.

Now another man stood up. "Who's your beautiful company?" His eyes practically tore off the Bryson Tiller-like clothes I was wearing.

"My girl." Xander said sternly but respectfully. The man nodded, "she's attractive."

"Goodbye sirs." Xander said before leaving with me.

The car ride was silent. "Why did you call me your girl?" I broke it. "Did you want them to make you a playboy mansion candidate?" He raised his eyebrows.

When we finally got there, I got out of the car. I adjusted my jacket as the wind blew slightly harder.

Some other people arrived. Luke and Carter, Jade and Callum, Jaxon and Jazzy. And then there was the guy. Shawn.

He looked doomed, like he was in deep shit. I talked to the other girls there before Xander silenced everyone.

"So this guy, Shawn, he tried to be a snitch bitch to the boss so we wouldn't kick his ass when he doesn't pay us back for his little addiction." Xander clapped.

"Well, that's not worked, has it? Not very well?" He laughed. Luke spat near Shawn. Xander hurt him first. Followed by the other guys.

I think it's safe to say he's higher up.

Shawn fell to the floor but Jaxon pounced on him and punched him. Shawn hit back and kicked Jaxon square in the face.

Callum kicked Shawn a few times but Shawn was aiming his fight backs at Xander. His very few and very weak fight backs.

Well defence is defence.

Xander got a swing in the face from Shawn but it was nothing compared to the beating Shawn himself was receiving.

With one last kick from Callum, Shawn let out a groan or a cry. Whatever it was, blood gushed out of his mouth and nose and Xander pulled me back.

He walked over to the guys and discussed something with them before returning to me.

"Let's get out of here." He muttered, shaking his head at the disgrace laying on the floor.

The car ride was pretty much silent, the low-volumed music briefly filling it.

I looked over at him a few times. The blood on his face briefly drying. It made me wonder, was it his blood or someone else's.

How many times did he have to ask himself that?