Chapter 4

I slumped back up to my room, today has been a nightmare. My parents had stopped arguing but seem to be in separate minds. I walked up the stairs and went face first into my pillow. Almost immediately I fell asleep.

The sun peeked through my curtains and woke me up.  Realised that I had steeped in my clothes from yesterday which immediately reminded me of last night. Shit, the date........

I call one person I know who will know what I can wear. Kaeli White. She's been my friend since 2nd grade. We're not as close as Brent and I were but we're still there for eachother.

S-Sophie K-Kaeli

S- Hey, I need your help.

K- Sure what with?

S- I have a date 2nite & I have no idea what to wear, and plus I have something to tell you.

K- Sure I'll b over in an hour, that ok?

S- Yeah that's fine, c u then.
(End of conversation)

While waiting for Kaeli I got out my curling iron and my limited supply of makeup.

S- Oh and you might need to bring some makeup, thanks babes! 😘

K- Yep, bye 😂
(End of conversation)

Time passed quickly by me getting out snacks and drinks for me and Kaeli, and in no time at all, the bell rang.

I go up and open the door,

"Hey, it's been a while." She says to me,

"Yeah we need to have a nice shopping session soon, waste our parents money!" I say and we burst out laughing, any tension immediately disappears. "Ok, I have some cookies, and fruit out as well as some lemonade, I can tell that making me pretty is going to take a while." I say still laughing.

"Oh come on, give your parents some credit, your gorgeous." She says making me blush. I mean seriously, I can blush at walls. (For_Evar )

"Let's get started shall we!" I say carrying the tray up the stairs with Kaeli following. She puts her bag down on my bed and walks straight into my closet.

"Mm mm honey, you need a closet update, we're going on a last minute shopping trip!" She said and jumped like a little girl getting a teddy for the first time.

----------------------------------------------------

We finally got back after shopping. And when I say shopping I mean going into shops, after shops, after shops. She managed to get three bags full of clothes and I come home with one bag with a dress and some heels in it.

We eventually picked out a salmon coloured dress with some flattering cutouts in the shoulder straps, some silver strappy heels that look about 5 inches but feel like 24 inches high.

These heels will seriously be the death of me.

I hear the doorbell go off, and I automatically get butterflies and I don't know why.

"I'll get it!" Kaeli says excitedly.

She runs down to the door and opens it. I hear footsteps coming up the stairs and I'm secretly freaking out.

Brent walks in and stops in his path. Wide eyed, his chiseled jaw is basically on the ground.

"Sophie... You look... Great." He stutters out. I blush, I've never seen this side of him.

I hear Kaeli giggle in the background.

"This was all her, thank her for this." I say gesturing to my outfit.

He turns to Kaeli and smiles, "She looks great, thank you."

She giggles and runs out of the room and yells back, "BYE KAELI, HAVE FUN, USE PROTECTION." And then the door slams.

I look over at Brent and he's staring at me, I blush and turn away. I hear him come over to me, "I think I'm glad that your parents made us do this." He says and grabs my chin and tilts my head up so I'm facing him. He leans down and moulds our lips together, I kiss back and enjoy every minute of it. I pull away after I feel it gets too heated.

He blushes and grabs my hand and pulls me out of my room and down the stairs to the door.

"Where are we going?" I ask curiously.

"That my dear, is a surprise." He says and winks at me.

----------------------------------

Im sorry but this will be the last chapter for a while. I will be taking some time off for writing so I can upload a lot more regularly. So please don't be worried when you don't see a chapter for up to a year. I will be writing all the chapters before I upload them. So please don't hate me and I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Abbey
Xoxo