Chapter Twenty-One

Jenny's POV

I found myself being ignored by both my boyfriend and my first love. Junior and Min Jae found out that they had a common interest in a musician who's name I don't remember. I felt out of place even though I was sitting in between them.

"Have you heard his new song, the one that he wrote for his late ex-girlfriend?"

"Holy shit, yeah. I heard she cheated on him with her first love." 

"Poor guy. I can't stand fickle girls. Leading guys on and then rejecting them in the end."

"Yeah, I don't get that. Do they have nothing better to do? Are they just bored?"

As the two continued their conversation, I couldn't help but feel as if they were talking about me. 

What if she was just confused? What if the sudden appearance of her first love reminded her of her past feelings for him, past memories? Maybe she confused her current feelings with her past ones? Was what I wanted to say. But I decided it would probably be better to keep quiet than to actually admit to everyone I was guilty of the same charges. 

I cleared my throat. "I'm going to the restroom." I got up from my seat and made my way to the lady's room. I looked at myself in the mirror and reapplied a thin layer of lip tint. As I was about to head back to my seat, a hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. I turned around to see Mark with his usual bored face.

"We need to talk," he said tightening his grip on my wrist

"We can talk when we get back to our table.." Mark moved closer, not afraid of the little remaining space separating us.

"Just us." He whispered, his voice so low it made every inch of my skin shiver. 

"Fine." I said in a monotone.

Mark, with my wrist still in his hand, led me past rows and rows of tables eventually leading me to an empty parking lot. We stood in silence for, who knows how long. His hand still fixed tightly around my wrist.

"Mark, you're hurting me.."

"Oh, sorry." He cleared his throat awkwardly and back away. Mark seemed to be surprised by his own behavior.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" 

Mark had his hands in his pockets as he stared quietly at his feet.

"What are you doing?" He looked up to meet my eyes. 

"What do you mean?" I answered his question with a question. 

Mark let out a long sigh. "Why is Min Jae still in there? Why haven't you told him that Junior is your boyfriend?"

"That's none of your business." 

"Yes it is. Junior is my friend and you're.." Mark closed his eyes, he looked like he was in pain. "His girl." 

"I know." 

"Then why aren't you telling him? Why are you just sitting there?" Mark's voice grew louder which each word.

"I'll take care of it." 

"Oh, you'll take care of it? Really? Because to me it seems like you're having second thoughts about him." 

My eyes widened. "What are you saying? Junior will hear you!" 

"Why are you so scared? Do you actually still have feelings for him?" 

"Shut up!" I exploded. "Why are you doing this to me? What did I ever do to you?"