Chapter 21 - According By Chance

Michael's POV

before I even ran from the house, I huge werewolf came in front of me. Werewolves are real. It growled at me as it saw that I'm carrying Leah.

A brown colored werewolf appeared. "I think you're trying to steal are prize, Prince Lothario." The wolf told me. It has a less masculine voice.

"You're not taking her anywhere!" I shouted at it.

"What do you want us to do, then? But firstly, you can't just order us to stop what we're doing, of course. That will be funny." It said.

Suddenly it transforms into a woman with a long curly hair that covers herself. But not that long to cover her down area.

"Then you'll have to go through me first!" I told her.

"I've heard that a lot. And I'm used to it. I know, because it's hella sweet." She said. "But, are you sure? I mean, I don't want to fight a harmless prince." She laughed.

"Well," I said as I put Leah down. I kept the small treasure box in her clothing. It's not that big and kinda fits down in the pocket on her long sleeves.

"Maybe I can't, but it doesn't mean that I won't try." I told her.

"Hmm, I've heard a new about you, prince. You don't remember anything, right? So, would you really sacrifice for someone you don't truly know?" She said.

"I maybe forgetful, but it doesn't mean that I won't try to figure it out. And by means of that, I want it to do by myself." I answered. "You're getting too talkative. I wonder why don't you be a parrot instead." I told her.

She raised one of her eyebrow. And said, "I don't really know what kind of woman she is. You've already been cursed and forgotten, but seems like... I don't think it bothers me. Nonsense."

She looked at the huge werewolf beside her, who's been there earlier. And then exclaimed, "You, get the lady!"
I quickly tried to get Leah but the wolf is so strong. It just jerk me from his arm.

"This isn't fair!" I shouted at her.

The wolf just stand again beside her as it carried Leah. I don't like this.

"Oh yes, it isn't. You wanna know why? Because I'm going to set you free." She said.

"I won't just let you take her! Besides I'm not even a slave for you to set me free, I am free myself." I said.

I felt like I'm turning into a vampire. A full vampire. I quickly went behind the huge wolf without them noticing at first and then I quickly insert my hand at his back. I grabbed it's very warm well beating heart out of it's place through his tough rough grayish skin. I felt each veins that stretched and popped as I pull my hand from it's body. I find it very satisfying in an odd situation. The breathless werewolf quickly fell onto the ground with it's back. I threw away the heart as I get back to myself and think that it is very disgusting.

"So, how so you like your death to be?" I asked the wolf woman.

She looked very scared and angry at the same time as she looks at the dead wolf. The dead wolf suddenly turns into a naked man. He just died with his eyes opened.

"You. Killed. My uncle! How, dare you!" The woman grabbed my neck with her sharp claws and then raised me up.

I can't hardly breath...

"You. Asshole." She said.

I slowly lost myself and then,

"Michael, I can't really imagine ourselves together. It's very complicated." Leah said with laughter.

We're just peacefully resting on a rock bed. Cuddling each other until a curly haired lady came. It's the wolf woman.

"Michael?" She said, sadly.

"Michael, who is she? Is she... a wolf?" Leah asked.

"You che--

I found myself daydreaming. I hold the wolf woman's wrist.

"You! You've just not cheated on me. But you also killed my loving uncle." She she while crying.

I felt her heat. Her true feelings.

"I just don't have a choice anymore but to kill you." She said.

"Please." I tried to please her but it's just stupid to please a person who you've just hurt twice.

She tighten her grip on my neck as she start bursting out tears. I hold her grip with my hands. And try to help it loosen a bit. I felt my sweat on my chest. I may pass out anytime. My lungs are just like old balloons that just lost it's air. Empty.

I almost felt like passing out when suddenly let go of me. I fell onto the ground and then I touched my chest and breath freely. I looked at her. She looks like she'll be crying forever.

She stared at me with her gray watery eyes. She looked so down.

"Go. This is what I truly meant of setting you free. I just realized what things I can't really get and what things I can easily lose." She told me. "I can't promise you and your new girl's safety. But can tell you that I'll be trying to move on starting today."

"I'm so sorry for what I've done. If only I can remember things more clear, I can apologize to you purely." I said.

I carried Leah with my arms.

"Michael," The wolf woman said. "I'll miss you."

"Thank you so much, um..." I thanked her but I don't know her name...

"You shouldn't thanked me, the battle won't end between our nation. I'll just convince my sister, Oprah, to stop this for awhile. But by the way, I'm Theroe." She said as she smiled and slowly look at the ground.

"Thanks a lot Theroe. I hope you'll find your true lover. And I'll still thanked you because of what you've done today." I told her and then I quickly ran and escape from the town.

I felt guilty and happy at the same time. As I ran through the forest, I smelled Henley. Yeah, that other disgusting creature. I followed his smell and then I slowly saw him standing facing his back from me.

"Henley!" I shouted at him.

He slowly looked at me with a weird look.

"There's a werewolf." He whispered.

He's like 2 miles away. I walked a little more near to him.

I stopped moving and then I saw a pack mid size werewolves consists of 5 just slowly walking around, sniffing and growling. I didn't noticed that they're all blind when they just passed through Henley. Meanwhile I saw Rebecca at the top of a tree. A meter away from Henley. I don't know why she didn't just killed them easily like what she does. She saw me and then gave me a body language which I clearly don't understand.

"What? Face? Head? Huh?" I whispered to her.

"They're mule halted." She whispered. I literally don't understand what her saying.

"Mulated." She whispered again.

"Make it a little bit louder, I really can't understand you." I whispered back.

"Mulated!" She whispered angrily.

"Huh?" I said.

"I said they're mutated! You dumbass!" She shouted like really loud.

The werewolves growls and then quickly went to Rebecca. Rebecca's tree isn't that tall. The wolves can easily grab her. I went into a cave nearby and place Leah in there safely. I went back to Henley and Rebecca.

Mutated? What's with it?