Chapter 3: The Dreamer

This is from the author : I apologize for the delay and will update more. I promise!!!

The ride down to the beach was swift and became a blur. Soon we reached the bay. We rounded the final curve in the path and came in sight of a ship. Nickolas and Edmund helped me dismount. They guided me by my elbows to the massive ship.

The ship was a huge, elegant, and imposing. The prow displayed a beautiful woman who seemed asleep. The railing  traced the sides dipping down, then rising again to circle around the back. The ship was like one of many cargo ships I had seen in the harbor from the window in my bedroom, back in the safety of my fathers house.

The closer to the water I came the more insistent a distant memory came to my subconscious mind. It was two years ago and Will had taken my on a boat ride to this spot. I had taken a picnic basket with me. The memory was bittersweet, yet it brought a warm soothing sensation.

Nickolas and Edmund stopped about a foot away from the waters edge. One of them called up to the seemingly empty deck. A lantern's light shone over the edge, illuminating a circle around me and my escorts. a single plank slid down from the ship to the beach, creating a rustling sound as it settled amidst the pebbles. I steeled myself and began to step up the plank. The light increased as I stepped aboard the deck. The lantern was lowered as a mans voice said,'' Welcome to The Dreamer. My name is Captain James.''