Chapter 4: Stars

Sorry about the wait. things have been crazy. I promise I'll update more often!

The man bowed, Then helped me up. "Your ship is lovely.'' I manage to say, stuttering slightly.  I notice the strength and refinement of his hand. He lead my across the ship, watching with mild interest at me marveling at it. At length, we came to a set of doors. Opening one of them he ushered me into it.

"'This is where you will sleep for all of this journey. Your companions have rooms on either side. '' The captain said.

I look around, saying,'' Thank you. This place is amazing.''  He nods, then says as he walks through the door,'' I'll leave you to unpack. I'll will send someone to collect you for dinner.'' He left, closing the door behind him.

On the bed lay a suitcase. I found all my favorite dresses- the plain ones. I also a few pairs of pants and smiled. Maybe thing wouldn't be so bad. I regretted it when I thought about my friends and family- Father, Will, Mark, and so many others.

Could I live without them?  I would have to try. I had always been thought that responsibility came before family. It had never been a problem before. Fingering the worn materials brought back too many painful memories, so went to the window. Sitting on the bench, I put my head on my arms. I had no idea how long I looked out my large portal to the whipping waves.

The sky became gray, foretelling a storm. I went to the desk and began mixing ink, with which to draw. The rain came, first soft, then quickly escalated to a pounding torrent. My fear grew with the storm. Would we make it? If we capsized, if I never made it.... I shuddered. If I didn't make it, the kingdom would be nothing but death. We had to make it through the storm.

Soon Captain James came in, soaking wet. I spun around when the door slammed against the wood walls. He spoke in heaving gasps,'' Are you OK? things may get even rougher. I can help tie things down, if you require the help, Your Highness.'' The ship suddenly pitched, tipping violently to one side, knocking me to the floor.

A man came to the all ready open door shouting,''Captain! We need orders, now!" He ran from the room, following the other man out of sight.