Chapter 2

The chosen three arrived to Chicago around the same time. They each had a map in their hands trying to find their way around. All three noticed advertisements for a Greek festival being held only a mile from their current destination. It was calling to them, and they didn't know why, but they couldn't fight it. So they listened to the gravitational pull leading them to the festival.

Gabriel, Lillian, and Thea were already at the festival, waiting for the other three. "Are you sure they're coming here?" Thea asked. She was impatient and anxious. "Of course they are, they were called here, they can't help but come" Gabriel said. He was a little annoyed by Thea's impatience. "But how will we know?" Lillian said. "We'll know, and for some reason if we don't, the gods will tell us" Gabriel said. "Well they better hurry, I have things to do." Thea said with a snooty tone. Gabriel rolled his eyes vibrant green eyes at her. Thea always annoyed him, to him she seemed high maintenance, impatient, and spoiled. He thought she was pretty, but because of how petty she was, made him forget that. Lillian on the other hand was the opposite of Thea, she was smart, patient, kind, and humble. Now her, Gabriel highly respected. Then the three sensed something, something unexplainable, but they knew what it meant. They knew that the other three were near. "I sense it coming from there, this way, come on!" Gabriel said and ran and the others followed. Gabriel's senses were a lot stronger, he's been intact with his godly powers much longer than the other two, since the age of six.

Landon, Atalanta, and Zareck were about ten feet away from each other, fairly close. As Gabriel and th others grew closer their grew stronger. He paused for a moment to focus "They're close" he said. "Ok, Atalanta is at the gift shop, Landon is getting food and Zareck is looking at art, let's get to them quickly, you know what to do." he said. "Can't we just get Zeus to lure them to the academy, they want them not us" Thea whined. Gabriel looked at her annoyed "No, it's up to us, if Zeus did that they'd get scared, become overwhelmed, and run." he said. "Exactly, So of course we need to do it, and we need them, they deserve to know their true potential" Lillian said. "Whatever, still the gods are the ones that need them, so they shout do it and not waste our time" Thea said. To the others she sounded like a brat. Then all of a sudden because of Thea's remark, thunder strikes through the clouds and they flinched. "Don't anger them Thea" Gabriel said. "Ok, ok sorry" she replied.

Of course Zeus heard everything Thea said. The thunder was giving her a warning to hold her tongue, and that she better not be disrespectful to the gods again. Zeus always tells his brother Posidon to keep watch and a short leash on his spoiled, impatient, daughter. Zeus constantly grew tired of her insolence,but wants to leave the parenting to his brother.

"Thea you take Landon, Lillian take Atalanta, and I'll take Zareck" Gabriel told them,"God couldn't you say please, who made you boss" Thea scoffed. "Klaus? If he wanted you in charge he would've said so but you're not so what does that tell you" Gabriel snapped. He had finally shut her up, and was glad.

They each approached to whom they were assigned to, they knew they had to approach them in the right way or they'd frighten them. 

Lillian noticee Atalanta looking at a trinket of Athena in the gift shop, little did she know that she had somewhat of a connection to the goddess of wisdom and stratagy. Lillan acted like she noticed what Atalanta was holding, and showing interest. "Oh wow, that looks really cool, that's Athena isn't it?" Lillian asked the obvious question that she already knew the answer to. "Yeah, it's really pretty" Atalanta said still admiring the trinket and then picked up a trinket of Hades. "And here's Hades" Atalanta smiled and shook her head. "Yeah, he's a horrible person, I understand why he's always so mad and gloomy, but he doesn't have to take it out on others" Lillian said laughing. She hated to talk about her father in that manner, but she most of the time didn't agree with his actions and decisions.

"Who's your favorite?" Lillian asked as she moved her golden blonde hair behind her ear. "Oh, my favorite is Aphrodite, the goddess of love. I don't know why, but I've always been drawn to her." Atalanta said. "Oh yes, many seem to favor her" Lillia agreed. Lillian could feel Aphrodie's happiness, her smile. Aphrodite was glad that her daughter favored and was drawn to her. "Now that I think of it, I've never seen you before, are you new here?" Lillian asked. "Not exactly, kind of a sudden vacation" Atalanta explained. "How long will you be here?" Lillian asked. "Not sure, but I feel like I might be here for a while" Atalanta said. "Really? Then you should see the academy" Lillian said with a welcoming smile.

Thea spotted Landon carrying a bag of food as he was leaving the Greek grill. She had planned to 'accidentally' walk into him. She waited for the perfect moment, then when he started walking she made her way towards him and at the right moment she turned her head to seem like she was looking the other way, as she ran right into Landon. When she did she knocked his bag out his hand and he supposedly knocked down her purse from her arm and items fell out of it. "I'm sorry" she quickly said picking up her things and throwing them in her purse. "No, I'm sorry" he said and picked up a few of her things. He noticed her lip gloss rolled off to the side, and he picked it up and held it out in front of her. "Don't forget this" he said looking in her direction. "Thanks" she said and made skin contact with him. When she looked up at him she was held by the gaze his green eyes gave her, and the oner her copper brown eyes gave him. "Th-Thanks" she said and took it. "Your welcome" he said. As they stood they couldn't wipe small smiles they had on their faces. "Wanna come with me somewhere?" she asked with a sly smile. "Sure, why not take a risk with some random stranger" he said and smiled an enchanting smile.

Gabriel found Zareck observing a painting of his father Zeus. The painting of the great god of thunder becoming the King of gods and as Hera joined his side in support. "Sure is something huh?" Gabriel said. "I guess, but what about the other part of the story? The story of how he became god of gods, joining his brother in killing their father and later tricked them instead of giving them an even shot, pretty pathetic to me. Sort of a low blow" Zareck said. Gabriel did not like to hear this guy bad mouthing his father,even though yes it was true his father did gain the title unfairly, but he still didn't want to hear it. He could feel his father becoming aggravated with the words of Athena's son's words. Zeus wanted to confront Athena about Zareck's words, but he couldn't because he of course knew the boy's words were true. "Well you like Greek mythology?" Gabriel asked. "It satisfies my boredom" Zareck replied. "Well if you want to know some other stories that not many other's know, follow me" Gabriel said. Zareck looked away from the painting, and in curiosity and suspicion he followed the outspoken, strange boy he met, he felt like he should.

All of the six had now made their way towards the academy, 'The Academy of Special Arts.' They were all now approaching the doors of this enormous, extravagant academy, and arrived at roughly the same time. They were now at the place where they could learn more and more about themselves than they ever could've imagined, the place where they could shine individually, where they could make and become their own, the place where they belonged.