0.1

Silver clouds swoon over the dark sky as the crows squawked. Grey stones and black glistening death beds lay flat beneath my feet. As a sudden rush of fear hits me, I begin to wonder where I am. A sudden gust of wind blows over my already cold body. I put my hands over my face but curiosity gets the better of me as I investigate my pale hands. Why are they so cold and blue?

A white light taunts my existence as I stare ahead. I walk towards it to see where it leads. As I walk further and further I start to feel lighter as the light gets brighter. As I near the end a sudden voice hits my cold ears.

"Don't do it Bea! I won't let you leave me!"

Turning around I see a familiar face. Where have I seen this face before.

"Hey you must be Beatrice."

After probably millions of shoddy houses and excruciating schools my mother thought my little brother and I should move again.

"I prefer Bea. You are... " I stare at him with the most bored look ever.

"Okay, well I'm Theodore, but everyone calls me Theo." He leans his gentle hand out as I go to shake it.

"I'm sure they do."

"Theo? Where am I? Why am I so pale?" I state trembling in my confused state.

"Bea I know you're confused about everything but you can't walk towards the light. I'll never see you again if you do. Please, stay here." He replies in a fragile manner.

I stride towards Theo.

"Theo what happened? Please tell me why we are in a cemetery." I asked innocently.

"There is no easy way to tell you this Bea, but you're dead."

The words 'you're dead' lingered around my head. I'm dead. Dead.

"No. No I can't be! I can't!" As I scream louder than as loud as roaring thunder, just after lightning strikes, I cling to the floor as if it was keeping me alive.

"Now don't cry okay. You're going to be fine. But you have to listen and trust me."

"I- why am I dead?" The thought of myself being dead concerned me.

"I.. I don't know. I don't know Bea. I don't know."

'Theo please be fine' is all I could think about as I jaunt over to Theo's. I don't remember why I was walking to his. Besides the fact that he was my only friend, he was the only one that actually knew the real me.  Just like him, we were both fighting our own battles. I turn towards the gravelly pathway up to his old, rusty house. We talked about something and then a car appeared blocking my vision out.

"I remember a car. Why do I remember a car?" Scared out of my helpless mind I stay seated on the depressing green floor. My hand instinctively hits my mouth as I bite my nails in habit.

"I.. I don't know! Damn it Bea will you listen to me."

He sat next to me. Trying to make some sense with calming words I decide not to listen. What is going to happen now? I'm going to forever be stuck between a white light and Earth. What's my mother thinking? Will she tell Ryan? Is he too young to know? Does my mother even know?

"Bea? Bea? Bea?" My pondering mind comes back to earth or heaven... I don't even know anymore.

"Beatrice!"

I stare blankly at him.

"Listen to me, whatever you do, you have to promise me you won't ever walk towards that light okay."

"If you go we will never see each other again Bea. I can't let you go not yet." He began to cry. I've only ever seen him cry once and that was after he called me over what feels like almost a month ago... but it can't be, to tell me he was had depression.

"Bea. I don't know what to do with my life anymore. I can't take the medication, I mean there is no point anymore. I need to go."

"Theodore where are you going? You can't leave Theo."

"I'm going for a drive. Just leave me alone."

I run over to his car trying to stop him from leaving but instead...

"Why are you dead?"

"We need to get out of here Bea. We can only sojourn at this Cemetery. The light will keep tormenting you until you go." He replied quickly.

"Why won't you tell me what happened to me, to us Theo?"

He gave me this pained look as if every time he saw me it killed him. The way a mother would look at his son when he does something amiss. There was a look of regret in his soft, green eyes.

It all makes sense now.

"Theo that was your car. You were driving it. You killed me. That's why you don't want me to go towards the light. Ghosts who have killed the innocents must live painfully between Heaven and Earth."

"But why are you dead?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys, this is the first chapter so please give feedback xx

signing off,

amy