0.4

"Bea? Wake up it's time for school!" A young boy yells from outside my room doors. Wait, outside my room? "I'm gonna eat your food if you don't come soon!" I look around only to see the same bedroom I have lived in for over a year now. My room the same as always. An acoustic guitar sits upon the chest of draws. I place the quilt off of myself and walk towards my mirror above the draws. I look average. My long brown hair messy from sleeping.

"I'm eating your food Bea!" The same voice calls from downstairs. Was this a dream?

I slowly walk out of my room and down the same squeaky stairs.

"Hey, guys." I awkwardly say trying to see who is in the kitchen. The voice was coming from Ryan.

"Hi! I ate your bacon but i left you the egg!" His innocent little face says, only if he knew the dream I had. "Do you know when Tee is coming out of the hospital?"

"What?" The word instinctively comes out of my mouth.

"Well when I visited mummy after your accident she said that Tee is still sick. I want to know when he won't be sick so he can take me to get ice cream!" As much as I would find this cute, my seven year old brother knows more than me for once.

"Mum is back in the hospital?" My voice surprised said.

"Yeah, mummy said she ate something she should not have and she had a reaction. I know what reaction means Beatie!" So she overdosed again. "I guess you gotta concu- shon after you came home from the hospital." Hospital? Concussion? I am so sick of unanswered questions.

"Yeah.. hey Ry, who has been looking after you?"

"Auntie Clare! She gave me cookies and chocolate! But she went to tha shops." His voice so little. Auntie Clare was my father's sister. She felt bad ever since my Dad left because he couldn't handle being a dad at sixteen. "I want some more food though."

I quickly make him some food then tell him to get ready for school as I run back upstairs into my cluttered room. The world begins to spin, making me lightheaded. I walk over and sit upon my bed, beginning to wonder about what I need to do.

There are so many unanswered questions. I tilt my head slightly up and notice something peculiar. A small leaf. This isn't just any old leaf, as I go to investigate it I notice the inscription "You only have one. Choose wisely.". I pick it up and sit back onto my blue and pink bed. What does this mean? Choose wisely?

My first thought is to go to the hospital. Maybe that will give me answers. So that's what I do, I grab Ryan and drop him off to school then go to the hospital.

As I reach the hospital, I look around to see if I know anyone. The small livly garden outside the cream coloured building reminds me of the time my mother first overdosed. She's overdose three times now. Well, on drugs anyway. My white shoes shining as I walk towards to the Hospital entrance. A black and white sign saying 'Welcome to Dobrikk Hospital' welcomes me.

The front desk lady states the room Theo is in. The elevator ride was slow, especially with the catchy music playing. Out of the elevator I tug my denim jacket tighter around me as the cold air surrounds me. Before knocking on his door, I notice a sign.

Dawkins, Theodore

Cerebral Brain Injuries, Coma

Dr. L. Keaton

Theo is in a coma? Was that cut on his head from a flashback real? I look through the glass window. The blinds aren't closed fully, as I see my friend lying there. His face asleep with needles and tubes coming out of him. His cut has a bandage over it. I can't bear the thought of going in.

Instead I go to my mother's room. I look for the section, 'Mental Health and Rehabilitation'. I find it and walk to the ward. Please don't give me more unanswered questions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys,  i bet you weren't expecting that right.. 

signing off,

amy