Chapter Eighteen: Memories

Isabelle's P. O. V.

Memories of Aslan, Peter, and I flooded my memory. Our childhood, us changing into our human form for the first time, to fighting the white witch the first time, and to finally kissing Peter. Pain swept into my chest as I felt the pain from his dying body in my arms. It was like nothing I never imagined the pain would be and I knew it must have been 10 times worse for Peter. Tears streaming down my face I stood up. "I have to go see Peter, I need to see him." I said. "Calm down, little one, it is not time yet for you to see him, not in this form." Father said. Sniffling I looked at him. "What are you saying, that I can't see him." I replied. He shook his head. "I think its time you change back into your original form." He said. I couldn't help but be a little nervous. I nodded my head and looked at him. "How?" I asked. He took a step back and gave a big roar and I felt myself change. I could feel my bones breaking and mending bit they didn't hurt, felt my teeth grow longer and sharper. I landed on all four and noticed I had paws. I felt a little nervous as I looked up at my father. My eyesight and ears have improved and I was amazed by how everything felt. "H..how do I look?" I asked sheepishly. "Like a true lioness my dear. Now, you must go, they're in need of some help, but remember you can't let them know its you, not yet. Good luck my daughter." He said and I smiled of a lion could and took off running. Running was like nothing I ever seen. It was like I was flying. I ran as fast as I could until I came to a river. I was surprised as I looked at my lioness form. I was a light golden yellow and my eyes still were the same blue. I looked like myself yet I didn't. Getting a drink of water, I looked up at the sky. It was high noon, and I figured that I could get there around dusk. Shaking my body I took off once again feeling refreshed. I ran and ran without stopping, my only thoughts were on my family and Caspian. Were they safe, were they OK? They only made me push myself harder. Hours went by and I was growing tired but I didn't stop. When I found myself in the clearing to Aslans How I slowed down as I caught my breath. I looked and saw a few guards and sighed as I made it to the entrance. "I bare no harm to anyone. I come forth in favor of Aslan." I said. They nodded their heads and let me in. I walked in and tried to find my brother and sisters or Caspian. I spotted Lucy in a far corner and made my way over to her. "Lucy.... Oh I mean Your Majesty, I've come in favor of Aslan." I said, nearly forgetting that I couldn't tell them who I was. Her eyes widened and a smile flashed across her face. "Aslan sent you? Oh, we must go tell Peter" She said and my ears perked up. She rushed out and I followed. She and I rushed into the stone room table and I saw something.... No someone I never wanted to see again. The witch Jadis was in some ice thing and I saw Peter pish Caspian out of the way. I rushed over to Peter but the big black wolf pounced on me, ripping into my shoulder causing me to cry out but I pinned the wolf to the ground and sunk my teeth into his neck. I ripped out a junk and spat it on the ground and tore up its chest. Once dead I saw Lucy and Trumpkin fighting Nikabrik and turned my attention to Caspian as he was fighting the little winged thing. I rushed over to him and jumped on her back causing her to fall off of Caspian. I clawed her face and Caspian finished her by slicing her head off. I heard Lucy cry out and saw Nikabrik twisting her arm behind her back with her knife pressed against her back. I was about to rush over and help but Trumpkin stabbed Nikabrik and helped Lucy. Turning my attention to Peter I saw him standing in a circle looking at the witch with a strange look in his eyes. "Just one drop of Adam blood can make all your troubles go away." She said. "Peter, No." I screamed as I pushed him away, causing him to fall and breaking the circle. The witch screamed as the ice started breaking and I only had a second before the ice shattered and spraying me with sharp ice pieces. They hurt my skin and I let out a whimper as a sharp piece hit my injured shoulder. "Are you alright?" I heard Peter ask. I looked up at him and sighed when I saw that he was alright, he was safe. Nodding my head, I looked around. "I'm fine Pe.... Your Majesty. Just..." I went forward to move but as I took a step, sharp pain signals rushed through my left shoulder causing my left arm and paw to falter, causing me to fall to the side. I whined in pain as I felt the other rush towards me. "Someone go get a medic, her shoulders bleeding heavily. Hold on." Peter said, pressing something against my wound. "I've come in favor of Aslan. He said you needed help." I said. I could see pain in both Peters and Caspian's eyes and wished I could take them away. "Peter, maybe this will work." Lucy said taking out her healing cordial. She rushed over to me and I opened my mouth slightly as she placed a drop in my mouth. I could feel it starting to close my shoulder up and I sighed in relief, as I stood up carefully and I tested my leg and smiled if a lion could smile and looked at Lucy as I noticed Caspian and Peter visibly relax. "Thank you, your Grace." I said bowing slightly. "Call me Lucy. You saved my brothers life." She said rubbing my head. "And for that you also saved mine, thank you.... What's your name?" Caspian asked looking at me. Thinking of one I looked at him. "Aliyah. My name is Aliyah." I answered. "Well Aliyah, welcome to the party." Peter said. I looked up at him and my heart tightened. I wanted nothing more to tell him who I really was and have his arms wrap around me. To have him hold me as he erased all the negative and evil thoughts or events away. But most of all, I wanted to tell him how much I loved him. I yearned to be human so I could tell him everything is true, that we were never been separate and our bond was as thick as the Deep Magic in Narnia. We would always know where we were and how much we loved each other. I wanted us to be a family again.