1 - A New Beginning

A dream always seems so distant.

Like a far away dimension we will never fathom.

But, when we finally comprehend that dream,

What Then?

"What's the point? All I ever do is sit around and wait. " I gazed out at the bustling city of Konoha. Every citizen scurrying around like mice. They all looked minuscule from the window of my fourth floor apartment.

I have just received a letter from the Hokage. I turned my head to my desk as the letter sat upon it. The letter explained in vague detail of a position opened in the militia sciences branch. For the past hour I have been contemplating whether I should accept or not.

"Not to mention I won't have any money soon if I don't get a job." I cracked my back, stretching as I moved away from the window.

The floorboards creaked as I took quick steps towards my desk. Paper planes, wooden carvings, and all of the sorts scattered the oak surface. The letter lay in the center.

I felt the presence of someone watching me. No doubt watching for my response. 

With a shaky hand I signed the document. Picking it up and slipping on my shoes. I prepared to head to the Hokage's office.

"Maybe this job will provide me with more than what I'm looking for."