•Chapter 3•

Aaliyah's POV

The early sun woke me up.

Normally such a thing would never happen, but considering the pressure I was under from learning about the need for me again in Sindria and moving when I only had a nights notice. I mean I could've just said I would move at a later date. But in all honesty I don't like the idea of Sindria going without its main protection.

I may have fled, but I was one of the people that helped create Sindria those few years ago.

I yawned and slumped over sitting up in bed.

I looked to my right and saw a sleeping Yam, then on the floor was the fanalis girl named Morgiana, who I met last night. Then Pisti next to her.

I rubbed my eyes and started to get up.

On the way out I accidentally woke Morgiana.

I heard a noise from the kitchen and went to check it out after I got dressed.

"Oh Ms. Aaliyah, I hope you don't mind but I started breakfast, it should be ready in just a moment." Hakuryuu said with a smile.

"Oh thanks... Hakuryuu was it?" I showed my appreciation as I sat down at the table.

I looked at Ja'far next to me and Nadir across from him.

They were playing a strategy game, it looked like Nadir was winning based on the frown on Ja'far's face.

"Hey Ja'far?" I said sitting up with a frown.

He looked at me puzzled, "Yes what?"

"Did you get taller? You were definitely not as tall as me when you were twenty."

"Well most people grow over ten years." He replied sarcastically.

"Hey! You aren't allowed to use sarcasm that's my job!" I joked laying my head on the table.

"Well I'm not the one losing to a ten year old blind kid! I win!" Nadir interrupted.

When Ja'far realized that he had lost he stood up amazed.

"You lost from the start Ja'far, this is the only thing Nadir is good at." I smirked.

"That was a bitchy thing to say..." Nadir muttered.

"Watch it kid."

By the time Hakuryuu had finished mostly all of us were around the table.

All of us, except for Sinbad.

"Why is he still asleep?" I muttered.

"Yeah it's been like this for a while, he sleeps like a pig and slacks off most days." Sharrkan laughed.

"Oh God! Please Ja'far, tell me he doesn't still sleep naked!" I screamed imagining the horrors I would have to clean if I came back.

"He does but he isn't right now." He answered simply, "but how do you know he sleeps naked?"

"Let's just say I wasn't happy when I had to wake him up." I sighed sweat dropping.

I watched as a frowning Ja'far walked out of the room, going to wake Sinbad.

When he came back this time Sinbad in all his metal vesseled glory, came out yawning looking still half asleep at least.

"Good morning sunshine, the earth says hello." I smirked watching him notice he was the last to wake up.

"Aaliyah what'd you do with your djinns?" He asked tiredness overflowing in every word.

"Um gimme a minute, I'll go get them." I said getting up and going into my room.

I crouched down and got the box, when I dragged the box out of its hiding place I bit my finger to draw blood.

I smeared the blood on to a seal I had placed there ten years prior. The seal came undone by the seal Turing to ashes.

First I grabbed my sheathed sword, next my purple amulet with its golden chain, and finally my dark purple almost black head jewel.

I walked out of the room and adjusted my sword. I had tied it to a tassel that hung from my pants, as I had no belt like I had before I fled.

I had grabbed the bags with my things in them, and made my way to the door.

"Aaliyah need some help?" I perked up as Sinbad approached me.

I snickered as I gave him one of the two bags, "What's wrong Sinbad? You've never offered to help with such things before."

"Well I am asking to abandon your life here and move to my country..." He trailed off averting eye contact.

"Well Nadir deserves to know his uncle, he didn't even know he had an uncle until yesterday." I reasoned.

"Your uh... metal vessels suit you." He tried to make small talk.

"Huh?" I paused turning to look at Sinbad then to an empty house, "where did everyone go?"

"They are all making their way to the ship. I told them it would be fine if I just led you there." He shrugged.

I grabbed Nadir's sword he had forgotten by the door and locked the door behind us.

I paused and turned around towards the house recollecting all of the times my little family shared in it.

"And now I'm leaving it forever..." I sighed.

"Huh? What did you say?" He asked.

"Oh nothing." I smiled, "well at least nothing that concerns you Sinbad."

We walked and talked all the way to the boat reminiscing on things we had done before or things the other had missed in these ten years.

I will admit, however hesitant I was to join the Sindrian forces again, and though I probably never tell anyone in Sindria, I did miss it all.

"What's that look for?" Sinbad questioned.

"Ah nothing," I shrugged it off, "but tell me, how much did Ja'far miss me?" I asked with a smirk.

"He was devastated for almost an entire year after you left, he played it off as though nothing was wrong though. You leaving shattered him. You were the big sister that he looked up to." He seriously ruined the mood.

"Eh? We were separated before, nothin different from the first time." I shrugged as we reached the boat.

"And what are you two talking about?" Ja'far smirked leaning over the railing of the boat.

"Oh just how much you all missed me so tragically after I left." I sarcastically shrugged.

I took it too far.

He stopped smiling and went back onto the ship where we couldn't see him.

"Well shit."