Confrontation

"Excuse me, with all due respect. This girl here just graduated and as far as I'm concern I don't remember my mom having a baby aside from my brothers, let alone a girl." Sandro's tone rose.

Wala pa ni isa sa mga naroon ang nakakawala sa pagkagulat sa mga narinig.

Yes, only Sandro, Simon and Vincent were the only ones who knew nothing about it but hearing it from the legitimate source was still shocking for everyone. Sandro was the only one who had the strength to question Diana. If this family was there to ruin their family, he wouldn't let them. It would take more than a girl to ruin their strong bond.

"Sandro," Bongbong tried to stop his son but Sandro just looked at him with pure disappointment.

"Maybe because she came before you," Diana calmly said. "Mr. Marcos, katatapos palang ni Eliz ng kanyang Master's Degree."

And Sandro felt like a bucket of ice-cold water was poured over him. He just stood there like a fish out of water, gasping for air. He stared at Eliz in utter disbelief.

Simon was in the same state but managed to ask his father what Sandro failed to ask. "Is...is that true, Pa? She's older than Kuya Sandro?"

Nakatitig lang si Vincent sa kaniyang ama, naghihintay ng konpirmasiyon. Masyadong mabilis ang mga pangyayari at nahihirapan siyang iproseso iyon.

"Son, you have to listen to me, to us, your mom had your Ate Eliz two years before you were born but..." Pinilit ni Bongbong na magpaliwag, kung bakit biglang may nagpapakilalang bahagi ng pamiliya at kung bakit ngayon lang nila ito nalalaman.

"Two years! And nobody told us about it? Was it that hard to tell us that we have a sister? For 22 years you made us believe that you only have three sons. And then suddenly, this girl just appeared out of nowhere and you're saying that she's our Ate?" Sandro was at rage, he was so mad that his face was so red.

He scoffed. "You want us to believe that? Well, she could be mistaken for a Marcos since she got the highest honor. Maybe she got Lolo's intelligence and you believed her right away. You must be so proud."

"Sandro, yo-"

"Stop!" Sigaw ni Sandro. Ito ang unang pagkakataon na napagtaasan niya ng boses ang kanyang ama pero wala siyang pakialam sa mga oras na yon. Punung-puno ng galit at hinanakit at dibdib niya at hindi na inisip kung nasasaktan na niya ang kanyang mga magulang sa mga sinasabi nya.

Napilitan lang siyang huminahon nang tapikin ni Simon ang kanyang balikat upang ipaala na naroon din sa kwarto ang kanilang lola. Pumikit sya at huminga ng malalim at sinabing, "I don't want to hear it, I'm going."

"I'm coming with you." Hindi nag-atubili si Simon na sumama sa kapatid at maging si Vincent ay iniwan ang ina at sumunod sa kanyang mga kuya.

"S-sandro, Simon, Vinny, please listen to us," Lisa finally said but the three boys stormed out of the office without looking back.

Kinuha nila ang susi ng sasakyan mula sa isa sa mga security ng kanilang ama. Simon gave him a murderous glare so the poor guy had no choice but to hand the key to one of his boss' sons.

Napahagulgol si Lisa sa mga nangyayari. Hindi ito ang inaasahan niyang magiging reaksyon ng kanyang mga anak. Tanging hinangad niya lang ay muling mabuo ang kanilang pamilya pero hindi iyon ang nangyayari. Nilapitan siya ng panganay na kapatid ni Bongbong na si Imee at hinaplos ang kanyang likod ngunit hindi pa rin ito nakatulong.

"Nay, umuwi na po tayo," Eliz uttered and prepared to leave.

These words made Lisa panic. She just found her daughter so she wouldn't let her go away anymore. She walked towards her and tried to hold her hand but Eliz stepped back, breaking the mom's heart even more.