Chapter 1

I glared out the window. It was dark and rainy outside. Great, just what i needed.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and a little smile spread across my face as I read the text. -meet me in 15. usual spot. how much?-

I quickly replied and went to tug my shoes on.

                                                                                        *****

I came back to my apartment and quickly locked the door behind me.

I made sure all the windows were closed and lights were off, then i sat down in my bed. the blackout curtains were closed so it was completely dark. I lit my lighter and found a candle.

Having lit the candle I took out of my pocket what I'd gone out for.

I smiled, grabbed my grinder and rolling equipment from my drawer and started grinding up my green herb.

Just as my joint was rolled, my phone rang. Puzzled I stared a bit at the unknown number on the screen before I clicked the blinking green symbol on the screen.

"Hello? who is this?" I asked.

"Uhm, Hi. My name is Liam. umm, I-uh I got your number from Fredrick, h-he said you might be able to, um, uh to help me out?" The voice in the other end sounded nervous.

Fredrick gave him my number? why would my dealer give a stranger my number saying i could help them?

"Oh, uh what do you need help with?" I couldn't help but be curious. I looked at my unlit joint as I waited for his answer.

"Um, well I-uh I basically need a place to crash for a couple of days, I'm really sorry to ask this of you, not knowing you and all, I... I really just have nowhere to turn..." the voice went weak and sounded like it was on the verge of crying.

I thought a bit about it, then nodded to myself.

"Allright, meet me at 7-eleven in 20 minutes, got it?"

I heard a relieved sigh followed by a short "yes, I'll see you."

I hung up, put my joint and rolling equipment away, got up and out the door.

                                                                                         *****

I reached 7-eleven and decided to go in and buy some cigarettes while waiting.

It was pretty much empty inside, exept me and the cashier, there was a couple sitting on the barstools in the corner, and some weird looking emo kid glaring at me. I glared quizzically back, this wasn't the guy from the phone call was it? what was it again, Liam?

The emo kid, about a head shorter than me, came up to me with a worried face.

"A-are you Fredricks friend?" he asked quietly.

so it was him. I nodded.

"Yea, I'm just gonna buy some cigs then we'll get going." I gave him a lazy smirk and walked over to the cashier, telling her what cigarettes I wanted.

When I'd payed up I walked out, Liam following me.

"So, what exactly did Fredrick tell you about me?" I asked, looking down at him.

"Oh, n-not much really." he grabbed his elbow nervously. "He just t-told me he knew a guy who might be able to let me crash for a couple of days. t-then he gave me your number."