Chapter twenty-one: Destiny awaits

I got bored laying on the bed inside the Recovery room. The good news was we're now preparing and training our magical abilities for the first step of our journey and I did not forget that there was more to come. I mostly wondered about my magic and every single Dragonslayer in the Enchiridion. How did I get these powers? I mean, it does run in the blood throughout generations, making some of the previous Dragonslayer my ancestors. It depends on the matter of time if the power would be awakened when a dragon has gone rogue. This always happens as if it is a curse.

Not wanting to be consumed by boredom, I thought of something out of curiosity. I tried something. Beside an arched window in front of me, where I could see the stars in the navy blue sky, were two opened lanterns with a glowing sphere inside.

My eyes didn't blink as I focused on the flames themselves. The spheres ascended from the lanterns and I fused them, making them swirl like a huge, dancing fire. Strangely, I found the beauty of it. The power. The light. Like it was no longer an ordinary fire in front of me, it was . . . something more powerful. "Xabe?" I snapped back to reality when I heard a soft gentle voice. I turned and saw Chloriette alone again. Her new bluish-white nightgown made her skin whiter. Her honey-colored hair was pulled back in a braided ponytail with her green butterfly hair clip.

"Chloriette." With my magic, I put the fire back to its rightful place.

"What are you doing?" she asked as she walked towards the chair beside my bed and sat straight.

"I was bored and all I could do was that, but I must stay here."

"What for?"

"They thought I'm still sick, but I'm not. They didn't even listen to the Oracle."

"You look sick to me." I stared into her eyes and she stared at mine. Later, she sat next to me. Her eyes focused on the floor. "Hey, Chlor, Um . . . " I hesitated thoughts about that night crossing my mind. "I am sorry about what happened. I didn't think your hand might-"

"My hand is in good condition. There's no need to apologize." Silence had returned. I had no idea what to do or what to say next. Until I broke the silence once again. "I'm still sorry about that," I said first.

She managed a smile. "All right, I'll accept your apology, for making me worried sick." I chuckled as I imagined her as ourselves back in the day when we were worried about our mother too much. "So what happened to you anyway?" She asked.

"Eh, Giuseppe explained that I have this dream-traveling ability . . . wait, hang on, I forgot what it is."

My friend began to ponder. "Dream-traveling. It's a rare ability."

"I swear, I remembered what Giuseppe's babbling about dream-traveling." I tried so hard to remember what it was, but I'm lost.

"I wish I have a dream-traveling ability. I was hoping that I could dream of myself as a kid eating ice cream," Victor beamed. The four of us reunited once again, thank goodness. Going back to wearing our five Flash warrior anniversary uniforms. "That's not how dream-traveling works!" Lenard yelled from the strong wind of the clouds as we marched on a bridge to get to the other side of the building. "Wait, MaXabiere, why are we here again?" he asked me.

"We're going to Giuseppe," I said. "It's time for me to know my first step."

"So, wait. You know where he is?" Victor asked.

"I have to find him first before he finds me." I glanced at them before turning around to face the other side of the academy's building. Hearing the echoes of our shoes as we enter proved how quiet the hallway was. Until a group of Flash warriors marched with their weapons and armor. I guess they were ready like we were. We passed several ways in this long, never-ending corridor until we reached the library where Chloriette and I, even Lenard and Victor, went during our days of training. We spotted a man standing on top of the second floor of the library, his violet robe reaching the end of the floor. To my surprise, his silver hair was pulled back in a ponytail.