Prologue

My name is Keira Jayne Hargitay. My last name should be familiar to your eyes. If you haven't guessed by now, I'll just break it down for you: I'm the daughter of drama tv royalty Mariska Hargitay. Yeah, it sounds all exciting and what not, but by the time I turned 16, the excitement died down real quick. I wanted to pursue acting and modeling. It was a big dream of mine. I always imagined taking the stage on Broadway, receiving standing ovations every night from the audience and winning countless Tony and Oscar awards for my great work, or walking down the runway, wearing the latest fashion from top designers. I wanted to become the next Cindy Crawford, but there was a disadvantage for all of that. I was always compared to my famous mother.

Everywhere I would go, whether it be auditions or photo shoots, there was always one person, if not a group of people, who would always find something to compare us. They would say "Oh, I would have thought you would have brown hair like your mom" or "I thought you would be prettier, knowing you're Mariska Hargitay's daughter and all." Ugh!!! I hated those days. It would always make me curse at myself. 'Why me?' I would always ask. It wasn't fair.

At that moment, for just once, I wanted to be known as just me, myself, and I. I wanted to be known as just Keira Jayne Hargitay. Not just Mariska's daughter.

This is my story...