Chapter Ten

The only thoughts racing through my head contained a lot of swear words and confusion. I have two tattoos? Two mates? That's not even possible..

"Amber!" Derek yelled, yanking me out of my internal battle.

I slowly looked up at him from my position on the floor, eyes dazed.

"Mmm?" I murmured.

He shoved the phone back into my hand with a frantic Brandon still

on the line.

"What happened? Are you okay? Are you hurt? Babe? Hello?" Brandon rushed out.

"Yeah, I'm great. Love you. Call you later. Bye." I said as I hung up the phone, tossing it on the counter.

I trudged slowly into the living room and sat on the couch staring blankly and the television. Derek followed quietly and sat next to me, taking my newly tattooed wrist into his hand, examining it carefully.

"Do you know who has the match? I've never seen this one before." He asked.

I glanced at my wrist and then quickly at him before shaking my head, "No idea. Never seen it before."

"What do you think it means, Amb? Two tattoos? Two mates?"

"I've got no clue but I'm going to find out." I mumbled, grabbing my laptop. I opened it and quickly typed "two tattoos" into the small Google box. Not much came up, some stories on Wattpad, some stuff about the regular mating process and then finally, just as I was about to give up, I scrolled past the link.

'Duel mates.'

I quickly clicked on it, squeezing Derek's hand as I read.

'Though rare, there are times when a woman gets two tattoos. This simply means she has two potential mates. Her potentials cannot see any other tattoo on her but their own. Therefore, both shall court her. She must make a decision on who she wants to be with by the year mark. Neither potential can know about the other as it could cause them to fight to the death, leaving the woman without a mate.'

I quickly shut my laptop, crying. "Why me?"

Derek hugged me, "You always were special, Ambs."

"I don't want to be special, I just..I want to be normal. I wanted that with you. I was so head over heels for you. I just wanted to be with you." I sobbed.

He stared at me wide-eyed, "I wanted that, too. But, hunny, finding your mate..that's so much more than what we had. You'll be happier with Brandon and whoever else is lucky enough to be your match. You have somewhat of a choice! Be happy because most of us don't have that luxury."

Derek finally left after a few hours and I lay on my bed, quietly. Tomorrow was going to be one hell of a Monday.

AUTHORS NOTE: IM SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY! I GOT BUSY WITH SCHOOL AND WORK AND THEN MY LAPTOP BROKE AND I DIDNT HAVE A PHONE AND I LOVE YOU AND ILL BE UPDATING MORE NOW

KISSES