Vacation |E|

EDITED

Evangeline

It's been a few weeks since I was released from the hospital. I received a strong felt lecture from both my Mom and Dad about what they were feeling when they got the news and about driving while being emotionally unstable. "Driving emotionally is like driving intoxicated!" They said.

After telling them I'd never do that again and apologizing a few times, they were at ease. Everything went normal from then on except for the fact that I haven't fully spoken to Albert. I message him and things but we haven't talked about the Jane conversation anymore. I know he wants to say something though.

"Ev?" Mom says, a certain gleam in her eye as she walks into my bedroom with Dad. "We have something to say." She turns to Dad who seems like he can't hold onto his emotion any longer.

"We're going on vacation!" He cheers. "And before you ask, yes! I'm coming along! The hospital allowed me time off to spend time with the two of you. Isn't that great?"

I'm really excited for the trip since Dad rarely gets to get time off for us. I try to open my mouth to say something but Mom quickly speaks. "And guess where we're going! Hawaii! So pack your bags, honey! We'll be boarding our flight tonight!"

Tonight is such short notice but I get up either way and pack up. I also send a message to Albert after I'm finished so he knows I won't be here for a while. I mentioned how fun it'd be with Dad coming along. Mostly every trip we take is only Mom and me.

But this time it'll different with Dad coming.