Moon Children

A piercing howl shattered the peaceful silence that had fallen over the ashen forest. I stopped in my tracks and lifted my head, my ears swivelling forward. I knew that howl. I pointed my nose towards the glittering heavens and let out my own echoing howl causing birds to scatter from their sleeping perches high up in the trees.

You see, I'm a werewolf. Have been all my life. Some werewolves are bitten, others are born. I had the advantage of being decended from a long line of Alpha's. One of only ten known female werewolves, I got alot of attention from the males. Of course my father, the current Alpha of the Whitefang pack, chased them off. The males in my pack know not to come sniffing around me. It's the rogues that are the problem, constantly challenging my father for his status. Every time he sends them running home with their tails between their legs.

I'm glad my father is the Alpha, he taught me everything I know and has fought tooth and claw for our survival. Which in our world is tougher than you could imagine. You dont hunt, you don't eat. Period.

I sniffed the night air and caught the faint musk of a moose. More howls rang in the night air as my packmates caught wind of prey.

The hunt was afoot.