Clashing of Claws and Fangs

The door to my bedroom creaked open, stirring me from my light sleep. I peered into the darkness of the room as a blonde head appeared in the opening. Harry smiled sheepishly, "Can't sleep." I sighed and sat up on my bed, patting a spot for him to sit down. He flopped onto the foot of my bed and stared at the ceiling, his blonde eyebrows slanting downwards in a scowl, "Your father seems to expect an attack at any moment, and I can't change to help in the coming fight."

I looked at his wrist. Miriam had bound it tightly, using a makeshift splint to keep it in the right position. It was broken in two places and would take at least a week to heal, which was a long time for a werewolf. He rolled onto his side and gazed up at me, his blue eyes filled with worry. Harry was like my brother, not just a pack brother and it angered me to the pit of my stomach that someone had hurt him so badly. Only two years older than myself, he was a born werewolf raised by a human mother. She died shortly after Harry turned sixteen, without breathing a word on the identify of his father. He ended up in our pack by complete accident when he was only eight years old. My father had smelled werewolf at the grocery store in town and tracked it down until he found young Harry out shopping with his mother, much to his obvious displeasure. All eight year old boys hate shopping, even werewolf boys. His mother, her name was Helen, knew about werewolves and accepted my father's offer of helping train Harry and help him control the wolf when he eventually changed. Although Harry was the least wolf of all of us, more like a kitten. Hell, even Miriam had more wolf in her.

"Skylar?" Harry's voice broke me out of my daydreaming and I stretched, yawning.

"You woke me."

"I'm sorry, I figured you'd still be awake after killing that wolf," he said quietly whilst playing with hem of his shirt, suddenly interested in an old stain that was there.

I suddenly had to gulp in the cool air of my room as I remembered the lifeblood of the sandy wolf flowing over my fangs as I crushed his jugular, "Thanks for reminding me. Now I really wont sleep."

Harry pulled a face and propped himself up on his elbow, "Forget I said anything, okay? Don't have nightmares because of me."

I reached forward to ruffle his already tousled hair, "I won't."

He swatted at my hands with his unbroken one, "Get off." His face turned serious again, "The snowclaw pack, they aren't going to stop are they? Until they get you."

I shook my head, feeling miserable, "Apparently once Karl gets an idea in his head, there's no stopping him."

He sat up abruptly, his blue eyes unusually hard for someone so kind, "Well he'll be dead before he can get his hands on my baby sister."

I threw one of my pillows at him, "I'm not a baby Harry."

He caught my pillow with a chuckle and tucked it behind his head, making himself comfortable on my bed. If his wrist wasn't broken, I would have kicked him off. We fell silent as we heard the soft footfalls of someone barefoot in the hall. Jake slipped into the room clutching his duvet and pillow.

"Next time you guys are planning on having a sleep over in Skylar's room, invite me."

"And me!" chimed in David, appearing over Jake's shoulder. His green eyes were dark with tiredness and his mousy brown hair was sticking out at awkward angles like someone had just woken him up.

"What the hell guys?" I whispered, looking at each of the men. "There isn't enough room on my bed for everyone!"

"Is she propositioning us?" David asked Jake with a sly smile and Jake pretended to look thoughtful.