Let's Pretend You Love Me

"Just because we kissed doesn't mean anything's going to happen between us," His words cut through me as easily as a knife cuts through jello. They tore at my heart and the tears threatened to pour out of my eyes yet again. "You don't mean anything to me, besides your my best friends little sister, there's no way anything would happen between us, ever. And...you could at least try to look pretty," 

With that he turned around on his heels and walked away from me. Leaving me in the dark cloest that we had just kissed in. My first kiss, might I add. I can't believe he had taken my first kiss then turned around and said that, especially to my face! Why couldn't he lie and say it was the best kiss he'd ever had then turn around and talk behind my back like everyone else?! 

I quickly wiped the falling tears from my eyes and rushed out of the closet, hoping no one had seen me leave after Jared. 

Jared CarMichael was his name...I had been in love with him since 7th grade, it was pathetic actually considering that we were both seniors now, but there was just something about him. And even while the tears are pouring out of my eyes I still had the strongest feelings for him. Why? He had just ripped my heart out! I should hate him...but I can't..

"Emily!" Someone's voice called out to me but I kept walking, pushing through the crowd of grinding bodies and heading towards the door. "Hey! Em!" 

Someone grabbed my arm and turned me around, only then did I realize it had been my twin brother's best friend, Aaron Santly. We didn't get along very well and he was always teasing me. I knew he would be here, since he was usually at all the parties. I'm sure my brother was here as well, probably off somewhere with his girlfriend. 

"What?!" I yelled at him, partially because you had to yell to hear anyone in the house because of the blaring music and partially because he was talking to me. I didn't like Aaron at all. He was a stuck up, cocky, man whore ass wipe! 

"What's wrong?!" he yelled back but he didn't look angry at all. I ripped my arm from his grip and glared up at him. 

"Why the fuck do you care?!" I screamed at him. His eyebrows rose and he got an amused smirk on his hot face. Ya I admit that Aaron is extremely attractive, but he knows that, so it just ruins everything. 

"Your my bestfriends little sister-"

"By one minute!" I yelled, cutting him off. I hated how Emmet was older than me by one minute..it was so unfair..

"I hate you but I still have to look out for you!" He yelled rolling his eyes at my side comment. 

"No thanks!" I yelled turning around and rushing out the front door, feeling relieved when I breathed in the fresh air. 

"Hey," I heard Aaron's voice from behind me, he didn't have to yell anymore for me to hear. 

"Ugh, what do you want Aaron? Seriously, go away!" I yelled at him, crossing my arms and turning to face him again. 

"Look your obviously upset, which I totally understand why," he said still smirking. Oh god...he knew?! Of course Jared had blabbed to everyone! Ugh I hate my life so much right now! Since Jared, Aaron and Emmet were BFF's of course he would tell them first. How humiliating..

"You know why?" I whispered, feeling the tears coming back..

"Of course I do, do you think I'm blind?" He said taking a step closer to me. "You look absolutely hideous tonight. Any girl would be crying if she was wearing what your wearing," 

He started laughing and I hit him hard in the chest, but he didn't stop laughing. Do you understand why I hate this kid now?! He's a complete asshole!