-Chapter 21-

Emily's POV

I watched while Aaron was taken down by his defender who had dove and luckily caught his ankle, slowing Aaron down just enough for another one of his teamates to come up and blindside Aaron, snapping his ankle which was still being held by his defender. But Aaron didn't stop there, he kept trying to go but didn't get far when he finally crashed to the ground, breaking something else. Everyone in the crowd went from cheering to dead silence when Aaron didn't move.

"Oh my God!" I yelled, running down the fence line to the gate so I could run onto the field.

"Emily wait!" Jacy yelled, running after me. The team on the field was running to Aaron's side and so was their coach. Why did his coach run that play? Aaron was obviously too tired and run down to run that kind of play!

"Aaron!" I screamed but one of the refs stopped me from running onto the field, telling me I wasn't allowed. "That's my boyfriend! I have to go see him! I have to make sure he's okay!"

The words spilled out of my mouth before I had time to register what I was saying. Aaron wasn't my boyfriend but I couldn't tell ref everything that was happnening between us right now, it would take too long.

"Miss, everyone will know soon enough," The ref glared at me before turning around, as if telling me to stay put with  his eyes.

Jacy ran up beside me and hugged me, both of us staring at the field with horror in our eyes and the worst possible outcomes in our minds.

For what seemed like hours but was probably only about 15 minutes we waited to find out what had happened. An ambulance showed up after 5 minutes of everyone huddling around Aaron and two men ran out to the field. I knew that this wasn't going to be something minor, usually Aaron would get up and try to shake it off, even if he had broken something, he's just that kind of guy.

I watched while Aaron was lifted on to a stretcher and taken away towards the ambulance. His coach walked over to the crowd that was huddled on the sidelines, waiting to know.

"Aaron has a broken ankle and a fractured collar bone, due to exhaustion he passed out on the field and is being rushed to the hospital to be looked at. They think he is going to be fine once they get his bones set and in a cast," The coach told everyone who was listening. People starting talking to one another but the coach stopped them. "But the good news is, that young man just won this game for us boys!"

As if Aaron hadn't just been broken on the field the whole team freaked out, jumping up and down, hollering and cheering. I couldn't blame them, they had just won state after all!

Emmet walked over to Jacy and I and planted a huge kiss on Jacy's lips before hugging me.

"Congratulations bro," I said trying to fake a smile as much as I could. The worry for Aaron was eating me away.

"He's going to be okay Emily, trust me," Emmet said automatically knowing what was wrong.

"We could go see him if you want to," Jacy said nudging my side. I looked over at her and she just smiled at me. I don't know what I would do without my two best friends in my life.

The car ride to the hospital was almost as painful as watching Aaron get torn apart on the field, it seemed like we were just driving in circles, in the middle of nowhere with no destination. But soon enough we pulled into the hospital parking lot and I jumped out of the vehicle before it was stopped completely. 

"Christ, slow down Emily, let me at least catch up to you," Jacy yelled from behind me, sounding pissed off, but I wasn't worried about her at the moment. The only person on my mind was Aaron and if he was going to be okay.