-Chapter 35-

Graduation day came and went, mom and dad were there to watch Emmet and I walk across the stage and get the diploma. Dad was even rocking a University sweatshirt from the university Emmet has chosen to attend two hours away. Jacy and Aaron walked as well, Aaron's dad and fiance were there to support him and we all even got a picture together before Aaron left. I didn't see him for two years after that.

I heard from Emmet a couple months later that Aaron had enlisted in the Air Force and was now overseas. I was happy for him, truly happy. Mom and dad began traveling again, mostly for work but they would come back home more often now.

I went on to play college ball at the local University and even ended up playing Jacy in a rivalry game from the same University her and Emmet decided to go to. 

Two years after graduating Emmet finally popped the question with Jacy and they had the most extravagant and beautiful wedding ever. Mom and dad were even there. I was the maid of honor of course and Aaron even made a surprise visit. We had one last night together before he was deployed to Iraq for three years. We kept in contact through letters for almost a year before we lost contact and I didn't hear from him again.

I continued going to school and eventually got my Master's Degree in psychology, I landed a job at our old high school as the counselor and couldn't see my life getting any better. 

Claire moved across the states and married into a rich family, becoming a trophy wife and having three kids of her own, we try to keep in touch but it's hard with both of our busy schedules. Mandi stayed local and attended college to become a teacher, she now works with me as well. 

Jared went on to become a physical therapist and he and I even tried dating for a few months before calling it quits but still remaining friends. He and Emmet still keep in contact.

At our 10 year reunion I was hoping Aaron would show up but he never did. The night was not ruined though since Jacy and Emmet announced the amazing news that they were expecting...twins! 9 months later we got to welcome Jayla and Joshua into the world, mom and dad were there for that as well. 

My life couldn't get any better. As for Aaron, he eventually did come back home.Not even 6 months after returning Aaron and I got married and I got pregnant right away.

Life works in mysterious ways, I never would have imagined when Jacy made the sinister plot to get revenge on Jared in my bedroom at 17 years old, basically being forced to date Aaron would ever lead to such an amazing thing. Yet here we are, not pretending to love each other anymore but actually being in love with each other, completely head over heels for each other. 

"Babe! Are you ready or not? We're going to be late!" Aaron's yelling distracted me and I couldn't help but sigh. Of course he has to interrupt me as soon as I start writing. 

I set my pen down and closed the journal that had our son's name, Carson, engraved into the leather. 

"I'm coming," I rushed out of my office and across the hall into the nursery where Carson was just waking up. His bright blue eyes shined up at me and a toothy smile made it's way onto his face, drool slowly sliding out. I had never seen such a cute boy before in my life. 

"There's my little man," Aaron was suddenly behind me stealing our son from my arms. "And there's my beautiful wife," 

Aaron bent down and kissed me gently. 

"What were you doing?" Aaron asked as we made our way down the stairs. 

"Writing in Carson's journal," I helped Aaron get Carson all situated in his car seat before we hopped in our car to head to my parents. "Are your parents going to be there?" 

"Yeah, at least that's what dad said when I called him yesterday," Aaron reached over and held my hand while we drove across town. 

"Would you have ever thought this is where we'd end up? Thinking back on our high school days is just crazy to me," I asked, still feeling nostalgic from writing down our old memories for our son to read someday when he's older.

Aaron lifted my hand and kissed it gently. "Only in my wildest dreams,"

I glanced back at Carson who was staring out the window and babbling to himself. "One already, I can't believe how fast they grow," 

"Almost time to start thinking about another one?" Aaron asked, winking at me. I smiled and grabbed his hand, placing it on my stomach. 

"I think we might be past the thinking stage, if you know what I mean Mr. Santly," 

======

THE END.. <3