Everything Is Fine, Is It?

Say hi to Ross Butler as Benjamin "Ben" Roberts!

. . . . . . . . . .

The holiday season with Ben is another cherished moment in my life.

I feel great about it. I had fun and enjoyed the rest of the holidays well except having an intolerable annoyance.

School is starting soon so I am making the best of my vacation memorable even if it means tolerating her and you know who I am talking about.

Ben patted my shoulder. "So are you getting along with Sam?"

I smiled though it's kinda fake. "We're good. Absolutely great."

He smiled. "That's good. You'll learn that she's a great person."

Yup, I hope to learn that sooner or later.

. . . . .

School started and everyone is having their own conversation of how their vacation is spent. I also sure has lots to share.

I forgot to pick up Trish so I went to her room to check her. She's not yet here and I looked at the time, yup, I am too early. Maybe lunch time I will eat with her.

. . . . .

Lunch came so I ran all the way to the cafeteria. I saw her and he's with the same guy.

I walked towards them.

"Hey, can we talk?" I looked at Trish longingly. I missed her badly especially during the holidays that I lost contact with her.

"Okay. Uhm, Lionel I will leave you for now 'cause I'll be talking with my boyfriend." Trish looked at him as Lionel nods and we left to go to the soccer field.

We sat on the grassy meadow then felt the gentle breeze pass where we are sitting.

"So Andy, what are you going to talk about with me?" I turned to see Trish looking at me with her head resting on right shoulder.

"Ahm, I am so sorry that I haven't phoned this last holiday. I broke my phone." I explained to her.

"It's just fine. I wanna tell you something." She looked down and starts fidgetting with her hands.

I held her hand. "Is everything okay? What is it?"

"I...I...I"

"ANDREW!"

I looked to the caller to see the baseball captain running towards me.

"WATCH OUT!"

I turned to see Trish fell off the bleachers because of the impact of the ball that hit her head. She rolled down and stopped at the ground. Her head is bleeding. I rushed to her and carried her to my car at the parking lot. I drove speedily. I carried her to the nearest hospital. Trish's parents came after.

This is frustrating, really. I came to see her again and yet this happened.

"Andrew. What happened?" Mrs. Keith Lawson, her mother, asked worry etched on her face.

"She was hit by a baseball on the head." I looked down as she gasps. "It was my fault ma'am that I didn't protected her. I am really sorry."

Then I sob.

"Hey. It's okay. No one's at fault. No one wants this okay?" Mr. Hugh Lawson, Trish's father, patted me on the back then helped me got seated on the bench.

Mom and dad came shortly then turned to me. I am not expecting much about Ali coming since she is trying to be okay with her but she came for me.

"What happened honey?" Mom asked as she sits beside me and dad on my other side. I told them what happened.

"It's okay. No one wants this to happen even you honey. Okay?" She comforted me as she embraced me and patted my back. "Everything's gonna be okay? Let's trust that she will be fine."

My phone's ringing. I looked at the caller.

Manager Mark Morris (3M) calling.....

I picked up the call.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey Meyers. We need to meet at the studio ASAP!" Manager commanded.

I didn't know what I should do at the moment if I should go or stay.

"Uhm okay. See you in few minutes." Then hung up.

"Can you go?" Mom asked with concern.

"Yeah." I stood up.

"Andrew, are you sure?" Dad asked worriedly.

"Yeah. I think I have to go." I hugged them and started to walk outside that place. I need to get out.

. . . . .

At the studio, I was handed down with a folder with the music to be sang.

"I have researched mellow songs for you to sing in your next show. It is in Florida. I referred you to a friend of mine to sing in their bar which is famous for starlets." Manager looked at me.

"When do I need to practice?  Anytime but today. I need rest."

I nodded weakly.

"Meyers. Are you okay?" Manager looked at me.

"Yeah." I smiled although it is fake.

"Is everything really okay?"

"Yeah. I gotta go." I ran outside. "I 'll see you tomorrow."

I drove back to the hospital. And walked speedily back to Trish's room.

"Hey, you're back?" Ali moved for me to sit beside her.

"Yeah." I scanned the content of the folder.

"So what is that?" Ali pointed to the folder I am holding.

"Songs I will sing for my next mini concert." I read the songs.

"And where is that?" She leaned on my right shoulder.

"Florida." I answered.

"Oh Florida." Then she sits straight and turned to me. "Hey, isn't it too far?"

I looked at her. "I need to raise popularity then I will sign myself in a record label."

"Will you be staying long?" She asked worriedly.

"No, two nights I think. I will leave next friday night and take a rest in a hotel. I will prepare myself then the next night is showtime. Then the next day travel back home."

"Ahm, I was about to tell you that I will be the main lead in our play and I want you to be there." She said proudly.

"Okay, it is your first time so I should be there." I pinched her nose.

She smiled. "You promise to come?"

I nodded and raised my right hand. "Aye, aye, I promise Captain!"

Then we laughed and she looked at me.

"Glad you smiled." She smiled at me which I returned to her with a hug.

"Thanks, Ali."

"Well, you should be 'cause you have a great and beautiful sister." She said as she bragged then giggled.

She removed herself from the hug. "Everything will be okay. Although I hate her and you know who I am talking about, I don't want anyone or her to get hurt."

I just looked at her.

"Please be fine whatever happens and be strong." She held both my hands.

. . . . . .  . . . .

A/N: Please support and continue reading this story. Feel free to comment about this chapter. ;)