My Release

It wasn't until my 16th birthday that I found out who I really am. What I am. I don't have just any ordinary blood, but the blood of the most powerful Alphas and Lunas known to the werewolf community. I am destined to take over as the Alpha female for my pack called the Red Moon pack, but before that can happen I must find a mate to become the Alpha male.

Right now my father is the Alpha of the pack. Ever since my mother died from being attack by the outlaws, my father has been extremely protective of me. So much in fact that he locked me in my room in our mansion and spelled it when I turned 16. Because of the spell on my room, I was never able to fully change into my wolf. Every day she screams from inside the back of my head, begging to be set free. 

But today was the day I would finally feel the warmth of the sun on my face, feel the sharpness of the grass underneath my toes. Today I turn 21, and I am getting out of this hell hole. Today was the day that I would set out to find my mate, wherever he might be. 

I thought that I should probably shower so I hop in the shower with scorching hot water running down my body, washing away all the grime that has continued to collect on me from the 5 years of being locked away from the world.

I get out of the shower when all the hot water runs out. I step out of the tub and the bathroom is so steamy from the water it feels like I'm in a sauna. I walk up to the mirror and wipe across the surface so I can see my reflection. 

I definitely wouldn't say I'm the best looking person in the pack but some people might disagree with me. I am kinda tall, about 5'10, with intense red hair that goes to the middle of my back. Even though my parents both had ocean blue eyes, my eyes are bright grey. I used to be tan but being locked up for so long I have gotten quite pale. I am still really skinny though, with a 6 pack barely peaking through. Being locked up you tend to have a lot of free time so it was best spend working out. 

Since today seemed pretty important based on first impressions I thought I might as well dress to impress. I look through my closet and I grab red 2 inch shoulder crop top and my black skinny jeans with my leather jacket. This is one of my all time favorite outfits, because it shows off the best parts of my body. 

As soon as I get done putting my makeup on and curling my hair, I hear the doorknob on my bedroom door start to jostle, as my father unlocks my door. As soon as he opens the door, out eyes meet. Joy and sorrow fill his eyes as he looks how much I've grown since being locked away. 

"Are you ready to get out of here Phoenix?" he asks with a giant smile on his face.

"I was born ready."